New Builder on a budget

Joshbozo

Solid State Member
So i have just ordered the parts for my first build, and I'm looking for opinions on the parts i choose as well as good choices for future upgrades and adding to the rid. just aiming for med to high settings on 1080p

CPU- Intel pentium g3220
MOBO- MSI H81M- E34
GPU- MSI radeon r9 270
Case- Thermaltake V3 Black Edition VL80001W2Z No PS Mid Tower Gaming Case (Black)
RAM- Corsair Vengeance LP Blue 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz ( one for now)
Storage- Kingston Digital 120GB SSDNow V300 SATA 3 2.5
PSU- SENTEY® XPP525-PS Power Supply / 525 WATTS

Addition stuff
Rosewill 300Mbps 802.11 b/g/n Wireless Adapter (RNX-N250PCe)
Sentey® Pc Gaming Headset Warhead X 3.5mm

If nobody else responds I'll put together a build when I get to my PC in a hour or two, What is the budget you have for this build

Looks ok for a inexpensive build but could replace a few things for less expensive and upgrade a few others, when I get out of work and get home in an hour I'll see what I can do for you

Yea I just noticed that he ordered them, Not a bad build but yea I would have changed the PS myself.

He already ordered the parts boss.

I would have spent the extra 20 bucks it would have cost to get a much better PSU like the Corsair CX500.

yeah already ordered, sorry if i wasn't clear on that lol. Do you think i would have to replace this PSU when i decided to upgrade to a CPU capable of OC?

I would send it back immediately and replace it right now honestly.

To quote my guide.
PSU is first on that list because this unit is the most important part of your computer whether you are gaming, 3D Modeling, Rendering, or making a server. I brushed on this before but I want to put it here too. If you use a cheap PSU it could undervolt your system from day one, die randomly, or send a spike through your PC blowing up parts if the voltage input drops or goes higher. A cheap unit does not regulate the voltage as good as a quality unit, nor can they handle the actual rated wattage. A cheap unit is rated at their peak wattage, a quality unit is rated at what they can handle for long periods of time and usually have an overhead of 100-200w give or take. This unit sends electricity to every single piece in your computer that you put money into. When you get a power brown or surge it can mean the death or life of your parts as well.

Do not skimp on this piece!

Depending on what CPU you upgraded to you would not need to OC it.

I did read reviews on each psu, as well as many others, and for the both there are a large amount of positive reviews, as well as 5% of people with terrible views. Some with DOA units or fried parts. Would you say replace because of brand or because of price?

Brand. Off brands use components made in china that don't have a specific QA and they label peak power as a marketing tool. For a power supply you literally get what you pay for.

Even the CX430 is a much better unit than what you purchased.
CORSAIR CX series CX430 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

You have to take reviews put on sites with a grain of salt, especially Amazon and Newegg.
The reason being is because the people buying these products typically know jack about what they are purchasing and rate it "great!" if it simply powers their PC up.

For anybody here watching this thread they can agree, 30amps on the 12v rail is terrible for a 500+W PSU. To give you an example, the 430w rated Corsair CX up there has 32a on the 12v rail further solidifying my point about cheap brands rating their units at peak voltage when they could never actually handle it.

Back
Top Bottom