Recreating Laptop partitions.

suppafreak

In Runtime
Hello,

I purchased Asus K55 laptop last year. The laptop came with win 8. The were no win 8 disc, instead there was a restore partition on HD. I wanted to install win 7 so I did the win 8 backup to the flash drive, deleted all the partitions and installed win 7.

I want to go back to win 8. Is there a way to recreate the partitions so I can restore win 8 from the flash drive?

You'll just need a restore disc or ISO of Win8 to re-install Win8. Since you deleted the partitions, you can't get them back.

Contact Asus for a restore disc set.

Yes, it would be an OEM Win8 disc (the one provided from Asus would also be pre-loaded with the correct drivers/other applications they include for your laptop).

I am talking with ASUS tech rep. So far no luck.

"Unfortunately we do not provide restore disks for windows 8 as you would be required to create recovery media within the windows operating system. You can however reinstall windows without a recovery disk, using the recovery partition that we have placed on your hard drive."

Tell them what you told me: the partitions got deleted, so there is no recovery partition, and you didn't make recovery disks.

They should be able to send you a set of disks, possibly for $20 or so.

No Luck.

According to the tech support guy, Asus don't sell OEM discs. His only suggestion was to buy OEM from some place else.

Forgot to mention in my original post, that I do have Recovery USB flash drive that I created before downgrading to win7 and deleting partitions. However, when I tried booting from USB ans try recovery, it complained that it cannot find required partitions.

Last edited:
Honestly I would try calling in again and get a different tech and ask for a set of replacement recovery disks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tried again.

This what I got.

"I am sorry to hear that you're having this issue. I will be more than happy to assist you.

Regrettably Microsoft did not create a recovery disk for the windows 8 or 8.1 operating system, there is a recovery partition on the notebooks."

So what are you supposed to do if you don't have the recovery partition? Did you tell them the recovery partition is gone?

Back
Top Bottom