Fan question

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I have a NZXT Tempest 410 case, Right now I have it with 2x120 fans on the front and one 120 on the side panel blowing in. One 120 on the back taking air out. The case is set up to hold a radiator in the top of the case or 2 140mm fans, Not going with the radiator just now so I wanted to put the 2x140mm in so onto my question, Should I be having these fans drawing the air out of pushing the air in, Case is very ventilated so it won't build pressure with only one exhaust fan but with plenty of cool air going in I figure it will push the warmer air out but figured I would confirm what the best option would be. Even with all these fans this PC with the on-board fan control keeps it pretty quiet. Asus did good with the built in fan controller on the MB, Only time I hear the fans really kick in is when playing BF4 on ultra.

Dauntae

Last edited:
The fans you hear kicking in would be GPU fans. 470s get hot fast and are noisy.

Put the 2 140s on top doing exhaust. You have more intake than exhaust right now.

Yes those 470's are kicking in, BF4 is the only game doing it to them so far LOL Watch dogs is going to make them scream for mercy LOL. I know there are some really good fans recommended but do you know anything about these, Wanted to keep them close to the factory white fans to mach, but if I can't find any good to match I can live with not matching LOL.
know anything about these.
Newegg.com - Fractal Design Silent Series R2 FD-FAN-SSR2-140 140mm 140mm Fan

Those linked fans are look like the exact fans my new Fractal case has - So far they are silent and seem to be doing the job well. I added 3 other fans to the case due to having a 290 gpu (hot) as the case came with only 2 fans in it ( one front and one rear).

Those linked fans are look like the exact fans my new Fractal case has - So far they are silent and seem to be doing the job well. I added 3 other fans to the case due to having a 290 gpu (hot) as the case came with only 2 fans in it ( one front and one rear).
Don't forget that the 290 and 290x are designed to run at 95c.

Back
Top Bottom