new PSU opinions wanted

No it's what I've been trying to tell people for like a year now or more. If I can OC and get no increase in performance then anybody with SB up don't need to OC. In BF4 and Watch Dogs the FPS increase is about 2-4 and that's over a 1Ghz OC on the chip. In Watch Dogs I even reduced to 4 cores with no HT and nothing. OCing is only really necessary if you have 2 cards or more.

I assumed you had Windows installed on the other drive. Like I said before idk what you got going on with the drives so hard to tell you what to do.

I just want to transfer everything to new drive and use that as main drive as it is new/bigger and better. But not worth $100plus to get a new copy of win7. How do you like Watch Dogs?

Well the problem I remember you having before was the BSOD trying to load Windows off the older HDD. So if that's the case you can try using your old key and if it doesn't work you'll need a new copy of Windows anyways or figure out an alternative way.

If the old Windows install simply worked I'd say just clone the 500 to the 1TB.

OK - will read up on how to "clone".

R U playin BF4 this weekend? And thanks again - would never have had the patients to figure this out without your help.

OK - did a bit of reading and now I understand - that I do NOT understand. LOL- I need to do a lot of reading. I went to "my computer" - it sees the new drive that has 931 GB free disk space. But just for kicks I thought I would try to just do a backup to the new drive- BUT upon trying it says it is disconnected and there is a red X on the drive. So, windows "sees" it , but wont use it. LOL - I am such a noob!! I should be happy the PC works and I got the new GPU, new PSU , new MOBO all working and realize any further changes/upgrades are over my head.

OK - will read up on how to "clone".

R U playin BF4 this weekend? And thanks again - would never have had the patients to figure this out without your help.
I've been busting my butt the past 2 days trying to figure out about 3 to 4 different professional audio programs, recording, ect. All while my plans got screwed due to a bad mixer that I have to return. So no games for me.

Last edited:
If I had time to game I'd be playing Watch Dogs lol. I just hop on here every once in a while to see if anybody needs help.

Lameass if someone wants to game with you once and awhile take him up on the offer.

I'm sure the aimbots and hackers will be asleep for awhile. :devil:

Back
Top Bottom