I am burdened with a unique problem

K so I did some digging, and came across a Fuhrman Line Voltage Regulator, and something called a line conditioner. These items apparently protect electronic equipment from AC line voltage irregularities-sags, brownouts, and/or overvoltages. I will purchase and update about how it goes.

Depending on the actual product you've purchased they do not do what you think. I used to have 1 of those in each of my amp racks with the voltage reader in the front.

Well like I said, depends on which product you are buying. They are basically over glorified power strips with a voltage reader in the front. If the voltage dipped or was higher than usual the device doesn't have the tech necessary inside it to fix the variance.

Hi guys. Juggling a new theory. Something in my area was constructed or introduced into the environment. And is causing an EMI (electromagnetic) field or some sort of frequency interference with my PC and television. I have a three pronged splitter for my cable wires but is that different from a filter? Because both seem to look the same.

Also do you guys know of any equipment, or alloy, that I can purchase to bust up or block-out-in-full any external frequencies that could be warping my t.v. and computer signals? This is mostly tied to transmitters, radios, or heavy equipment. I don't see any towers in the area. So I doubt a new cell tower is the issue. Also, we have people with satellite dishes in the area. Could that be it? More of them (satellite dishes) are popping up these days. Where I live.

Hi guys. Juggling a new theory. Something in my area was constructed or introduced into the environment. And is causing an EMI (electromagnetic) field or some sort of frequency interference with my PC and television. I have a three pronged splitter for my cable wires but is that different from a filter? Because both seem to look the same.

Also do you guys know of any equipment, or alloy, that I can purchase to bust up or block-out-in-full any external frequencies that could be warping my t.v. and computer signals? This is mostly tied to transmitters, radios, or heavy equipment. I don't see any towers in the area. So I doubt a new cell tower is the issue. Also, we have people with satellite dishes in the area. Could that be it? More of them (satellite dishes) are popping up these days. Where I live.
I lived/live out in the country and I can tell you that satellite dishes aren't any issue, nor would PTP wireless if you have that in your rural areas.

Anything powerful enough to put off EMI to mess up your electronics would disrupt all your neighbors too. If they don't have issues then it's something localized.

I lived/live out in the country and I can tell you that satellite dishes aren't any issue, nor would PTP wireless if you have that in your rural areas.

Anything powerful enough to put off EMI to mess up your electronics would disrupt all your neighbors too. If they don't have issues then it's something localized.

I live in the city. How about over-voltage? Someone else explained to me that over-voltage might be causing the anomalies. Said I'd need a voltage regulator which I can get on ebay for about $40 bucks. Would lower the voltage to where it needs to be. The electricians we hired earlier in the year read our apartment electricity as being a little high.

They did this test with a hand-held device, and it had like a needle of some sort on the end? And they placed the needle-like-object attached to the hand held, into the small circular hole. That sits beneath the two electrical outlet prong slots?

They didn't make mention of anything deadly or alarming, but they DID mention the hand-held read/scanned the voltage as being over the norm or should-be-norm.

Under-voltage could be a problem also but if it were, we'd be having blackouts/brownouts/ loss of power to devices, etc. Which we're not.

Last edited:
This is why we recommended getting a UPS to test off of the battery power and bypassing your outlets.. if it works then you can get a nice one with a line filter and such and return the other one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom