Amd fx 4130
gtx 770 MSI
Seagate 1 TB hard drive
Zalman z11 case
Gigabyte 990 fxa ud3 mobo
tp-link wireless card
Good Ram 8gb
BEquiet 600 Watt PSU

I am having a problem with my PC where the USB 3.0 does not pass data. If I connect my phone it charges but it does not pass data. When I first built the PC everything worked but it stopped working after a while. None of the USB 3s work, even on the back. Another thing that seems not to work is my Microphone input on the front of the Case. I tried re-plugging everything but nothing worked. Just like the USB 3 it worked at the begining and stopped working one day.

Unplug and replug in the connections that you'll find at the bottom of your motherboard. Then reinstall audio and USB3 drivers from the Gigabyte website.

Unplug and replug in the connections that you'll find at the bottom of your motherboard. Then reinstall audio and USB3 drivers from the Gigabyte website.

I wish this would be the problem. I did this to the USB 3 sometime ago and it fixed it (Started charging atleast) I will re-download the drivers again. Let't see what happens.

Make sure you uninstall whatever is already there first, and it's critical to unplug and make sure they are plugged in good. If this doesn't work bar a fresh format then there could be something wrong with the USB3 controller on the board.

Make sure you uninstall whatever is already there first, and it's critical to unplug and make sure they are plugged in good. If this doesn't work bar a fresh format then there could be something wrong with the USB3 controller on the board.

I am 100% sure they are plugged in correctly. I am re-downloading the drivers

Back
Top Bottom