Build Pick

xkelley0529

Beta member
Alright guys, I have been trying to choose between two builds. I can only do one.

First One, Green and Black theme:
Amazon.com

Second One, Red and Black theme:
http://amzn.com/w/2VYLUB4BP8VIE

I would really like you to rate both builds on a scale of 1 to 10, taking into account: Looks, Noise, Cooling, Performance, and Expand-ability.
Thanks!

Also, please explain your rating as best you can. Thanks!

I wouldn't choose either.

First thing I would change is ditch the over priced motherboards.
For the money you're dropping on a couple of new 780s you would be better off with a couple of 290x cards. 780ti performance for a lot cheaper and 4GB of VRAM which is relevant for games like Watch Dogs (mine sits at 3.8GB VRAM usage).

Next thing I would change is the RAM. 2400MHz has no beneficial performance difference over 1600. Considering I'm guessing this is a gaming rig there is no need for 32GB either. You could use a 16GB of 1600MHz RAM and just on that change alone be able to afford dual 780ti cards.

The fan selection on the second rig is kind of....wut. If you're dropping cash on Noctua fans then ditch the Corsair fans. Otherwise, just stick with the Corsair. The benefactor of having Noctua fans is pure silence which the Corsair fans can't match without keeping them at lowest RPM.

The last nitpick I have is the SSD choice. Ditch the Kingston and get a Samsung EVO.

Only other thing I will comment on is the PSU. The 850w is more than plenty for any combination of parts listed or mentioned by me.

In case you don't have a choice in the matter I would pick the first one just because I prefer eVGA reference cards and I love the 750d.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom