My graphics card says "crossfire enabled" But cannot use a crossfire cable?

cheaptrick2

Beta member
Hi there! I am currently using a graphics card : Gigabyte Radeon R7 250 2GB Video Card (GV-R725O5-2GI) - PCPartPicker , and I am planning on upgrading soon. I want to buy another one of these to crossfire, and on pcpartpicker it claims I can use crossfire (as you could see from the link), however on the card there are no gold connectors to use for crossfire. Can I buy another one of these cards and somehoe use it with crossfire? Would I have to do more than just plug in the other card, and go? If so, please tell me. If anyone could help me, it would be very appreciated. Thanks.

-Gabe

Depends on your motherboard. If you have a motherboard that supports Crossfire then yes it will link with another card. The newer AMD cards utilize Crossfire over the PCI-E interface.

Depends on your motherboard. If you have a motherboard that supports Crossfire then yes it will link with another card. The newer AMD cards utilize Crossfire over the PCI-E interface.

Thank you! I was looking and I was seeing mixed answers. I thought that my card was the equivalent to a Radeon 7550, and amd says that it does not require a crossfire cable. I guess I am right.

Last edited:
This is an older post, however I just wanted to say; I have made the upgrade, and using both cards without a cable works with crossfire! Thanks guys!

-Gabe

Back
Top Bottom