Chromebooks

AwkwardBuddy

Solid State Member
Hey there forums, so I was wondering if anyone has used the somewhat new Chromebook? I was issued a Samsung Chromebook for my school and with boring days and lack of gaming websites, I decided to install Ubuntu onto my Chromebook, after installing I went straight to steam and played Duke Nukem for nearly 3 weeks until finals week (this week) I've decided to switch off as we are getting them inspected and given Dell Chromebooks for next year. In my opinion, I can say that obviously the Chromebook isn't meant for gaming as its main features are a 8 hour battery life, few second boot up and fast Chrome application opening, I've took the best out of my 16gb SSD and used it purely for games and word documents. Anyone else have any input on the Chromebooks?
Google's webpage on Chromebooks

They work great for the purpose they were intended for. Gaming, is not what it was intended for. It's a cost effective laptop for day to day business/internet tasks. If you can give it internet, it will handle anything Google like a champ.

^ pretty much this. My work has over a thousand of them at this point and they do what they were intended to do extremely well. We use Google Apps for students (and soon Google Classroom) and teachers. We have the printers shared via Google Cloud Print and everything works nearly flawlessly.

Back
Top Bottom