new PSU opinions wanted

yes- that seems to be the best without a doubt -especially for the $120 or so - also purchasing thermal compound and prepkit from arctic silver . Ok so just to be sure.

Step #1 - Remove power , all connections from fans, drives ,etc to current mobo

Step #2 Remove CPU from old mobo - first remove Corsair aftermarket cooler. use appropriate cleaner to remove old thermal compound ( prep kit) .
Step #3 - install CPU on new mobo
Step #4 - remove old mobo from case.
Step #5 - install new mobo in case , now put new thermal compound on CPU and mount cooler, plug in cooler power to MOBO in CPU fan connection plug.
Step #6 - connect power from PSU to MOBO ( 2 x 4 pin) and 24 pin power,
Step#7 - connect case power to MOBO = 2 pin stuff =Led/etc
Step#8 -connect HHD, DVD = sata connections.
Step#9 -Install 290 GPU and connect and power connections
Step #10 - connect monitor via hdmi from GPU, connect mouse and keyboard.

ok- Power up - first post should be to bios correct?

Don't need the prep kit. Just unnecessary stinky stuff. A coffee filter, some qtips, and 91% isopropyl alcohol are all you need.

Rest seems to be ok. Although I would put the compound on before putting the board in the case. Also don't forget to move the Corsair mount from one board to the other before putting in the case.

Remember, grain of salt size amount of paste in the center of the CPU.

ya, for 79 bucks - cant beat it. only concern is that is comes with only 2 fans. 1 front and one in back but both 140mm.

I need captain obvious...I cant believe I did not catch the bios year - duh!! Turns out it did not matter as the MOBO is bad anyhow- but that simple thing would have saved me a few hours of headache.

Turns out it did not matter as the MOBO is bad anyhow- but that simple thing would have saved me a few hours of headache.

Maybe I am reading this wrong but if your current motherboard is dead.
Would you like for me to go out and get you some info so you can get fixed up by may 29th ?

Back
Top Bottom