Video issues

chara33

Daemon Poster
PC to monitor works just fine. Added video card from my pc to my ty via HDMI and now I get no video anywhere. When I put my tv on HDMI2 It says the source is not connected.

What could coz all this?

thx

Did you set the display settings on your computer to either duplicate, extend, or use only the TV?

Did you set the display settings on your computer to either duplicate, extend, or use only the TV?

After video on my pc was working fine, I put the card in, closed the case, hooked up all cords and now i dont even get video on pc as I did before putting the card in. Card was only working correctly for a few days, then was having issues with card and 8.1 so I took the card out. video card sat in my desk for a few weeks until I just put win 8 on it to see if card would work with it and this is the results.

Any ideas? Bad card, bad hdmi cord?

Which video card did you put in, Unless it's really old win 8.1 should read it fine. Might have a bad card, When I do upgrades to any PC I only change on thing at a time so if a issue comes up like this I know what I just did and make finding the issue much easier. Get your PC back to the way you had it running, When running shut down and put in the new card and make sure you have current drivers and connect just the montor if that works then shut down and add the TV with monitor attached. If it fails through any step then we will know which step is causing the issue. Also delegated the driver, installed and do a fresh install after you put the card in, PC may be still using the onboard video.

ok, I can see my tv but I do not see my monitor located under display settings. Is that because I did not install drivers? If not, what is the issue then?

thx

You need to go into control panel and set it for duel monitors, Until you do it will only see the default which seems to be your tv as your saying.

in control panel it shows a monitor 1|2 in it display says 1|2 mulitple monitors. When I hit the down arrow there is no other option. What am I doing wrong plz?

thx

Back
Top Bottom