Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Not sure exactly, mostly because I also replaced the TIM on the 4770k with Liquid UItra. I went from 4.3ghz @70c to 4.6ghz @55c between changing the tim and waterblock though. My chip is kind of bunk, temps are fine, but I need 1.4v or more to get stable at 4.7ghz.

I've been seeing that a lot of Haswell chips are pretty terrible at high OC. I used to use that liquid metal until one of my CPUs got stuck to a heatsink and I had to use a heat gun for the **** to release. On air I didn't see much of a difference between that and AS5. I used the dot method and their brush method.

Liquid pro and ultra are only really useful for replacing the tim under the lid. For between cooler/chip you're still fine with any of the normal thermal interfaces. Part of the problem with the last 2 generations of chips is that they are no longer soldered to the lid and have crappy conduction from the die to the lid, so no manner of cooling works as well as it should until you get rid of the crap that comes from the factory.

Got some wire management done looks clean.
5fpwr6.jpg
28sbz80.jpg

Hard to see this second one but all loose cables coming across are tethered to the line from the water loop. My only real objective was to hide all cables from the side panel opening.

It's has a small opening on each side for cables to be squeezed into and it's only semi modular psu. The corsair sp120 fans do marvelous work on the water cooler. Next upgrade is a 120mm rad and a water block on the gpu. Going to go with one of the swiftech komodo NV 780 blocks.
Had to take my hdd cage out to fit the radiator in the front like that but I just mounted the hdd's with some 3m double sided tape works like a charm.

Last edited:
I wanted to do an mITX rig but I like having the availability for SLI if I ever need it since I have never had the funds to keep up on the best single GPU setups.

Back
Top Bottom