new PSU opinions wanted

ok- up and running ..... THanks guys again. Mike- do you think my battery is dead in the cmos - hence the problem to begin with??

But now the dam "nvidia experience" is popping up and the folders are in the control panel - they wont delete. I deleted the lot of them prior to beginning this whole thing. catalyst installed ok and the device manager is correct with the 14.1 driver ...hmm...

well it died ,back to square one. shut off without any warning -like the power was cut. IF it wasnt a new PSU i think that was the cause.got it to post until A3 ( last one before boot on asrocks Dr debug) code a few times , but never got to booting completely. I did download the DDU - i had used that already. I did get the 14.4 drivers loaded and running. I was watching tv on the internet when it quit. ready to give up tonight....

yup- shopping now for a new one today. any ideas for a i5 2500K, DDR3 1600 8 Gb, I do want to overclock and I do like some onboard video. NOT sure i woudl try Asrock again or not.

Last edited:
ok- up and running ..... THanks guys again. Mike- do you think my battery is dead in the cmos - hence the problem to begin with??

Not by a long shot if you read the link I showed you most people have that issue.
Even right now I had just received a used laptop to keep from a current customer I am working with this month.
Her lappys are mostly recent and the bios itself shows proper time.

Windows xp sp2- windows 8 has that problem and usually it starts right out from the time server online.
I've seen linux distros do better than windows upon new installation and get the time right without problems. :/

Sorry about the late reply have some junk going on this week right and trying to get unstressed from it.

That's the one I was going to link. On that note, if I avoided any brand that I've had issues with I basically wouldn't have a PC. Everybody is eventually going to run into some form of issue from time to time messing with PCs.

Back
Top Bottom