Applications Stays on White Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike?2005

Beta member
I need Help!!!!

Recently I just got my computer back from the computer shop. It ran great, its been about two weeks and I'm having a ton of problems. Biggest one, Everytime I open an application, or windows based application such as System Restore or WinDVD Creator, it starts and displays a window with a plain white background and goes nowhere. I thought I could solve the issue by system restore and I get nowhere. Can anyone give me some advice or suggestions. They will be greatly appreciated and Thankyou

Sincerely,
Mike

I have Norton Internet Security 2005 and I hear it is really good with keeping you PC healthy. But I can't install it..... Which leads me to my next problem I have two seperate CD-Rom Drives installed on my computer and neither one will work......

In Device Manager I get this error

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

After Uninstalling and trying to reinstall I get the exact same error message......

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou

Mike?2005,

Okay, First off, i wud uninstall norton stuff completely...then

Some members in here had problems with virii blocking their cd-rom drives. There is 90% probablity that [hmm..might be 100% ] that your system is infected with lot of virii/adware/spyware/trojan. Norton doesn 't keep all of em out.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=18667

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=18662

The above 2 links should start you off in the right direction...

If you are tired of reading the above 2 links, get spybot,adaware,avast ,update them . Goto safe mode and clean your system with these softwares..

Thanks for The Advice but still no luck, I have no Norton Internet Security on my PC. I got all three programs ran them all the only thing avast picked up was Win32:Inservice. I tried uninstalling all three disk-drives and they reinstall with the exact same error message....

Still need help.................

I've gotten my Disk drives working now, I removed Nero and cleaned my system registry and they are working properly now.

But still all my Program Windows are empty, any suggestions???

This problem is odd, I cannot find anyone with the same problem on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom