PC abruptly switches off at random times

Specs are on the first page. Are they enough?

I successfully installed Windows on one of the two WD drives ( I made a seperate post about them). I found out that the other WD drive is dead. It scored "bad" on S.M.A.R.T.

With the ssd it may just be faulty. The firmware downloaded automatically from the internet through the bootable toolbox so I doubt it's firmware.

Specs are on the first page. Are they enough?

I successfully installed Windows on one of the two WD drives ( I made a seperate post about them). I found out that the other WD drive is dead. It scored "bad" on S.M.A.R.T.

With the ssd it may just be faulty. The firmware downloaded automatically from the internet through the bootable toolbox so I doubt it's firmware.

Lol yes they are. As I said earlier I couldn't see them well I was in my phone lol. You have a pretty powerful build.

That sounds like cpu heat issues.

Download coretemp, Core Temp and see how hot the cpu gets.

I know you said it feels cool, if your cpu heatsink isn't on right it'll heat up the cpu and not the case.

Agreed, when I used to have this problem it was because the CPU was overheating. Perhaps install some more fans, and read around how to manage your usage. There are even programs that monitor your CPU temp. & can sync specially installed fans to whatever may be needed. Pretty cool!

It's been two days after I replaced the SSD and surprisingly the machine hasn't switched itself off yet considering that it always happened at least twice a day. It may have been the culprit after all. :annoyed:

Ok I finally got a new PSU! Well, it's actually borrowed but I could buy it if I wanted to. It's an Enermax NAXN Advanced 650w and my PC is running very well with it.

Not the best PSU. I wouldn't buy it unless you could get it cheap.

Still better than the Cooler Master I had. I'm not sure how much money was spent on the PSU but I checked the prices on the internet and the cheapest is €65. Not much considering the RM650 (the PSU that I'd rather have) costs €100.
I've heard that there are better and cheaper PSU's than this one. Do you by any chance know any?

That PSU when it was new was actually fairly overpriced and comes with a load of middle range and junk caps inside. It's really no better or worse than the CM you had before. The only difference being it works and the other one had problems.

Anyways, look for a Seasonic S1211 620w or M1211 620. Which ever is in your budget.
You could also look for Antec HCG units in the ~600w range. Another unit you could look for is the Corsair TX650. Not real sure about availability in your area so just shooting some quality PSUs your way which are generally the same price over here.

Back
Top Bottom