Windows startup folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifreak3

In Runtime
I have something called "Digital line detect" in my windows startup folder. Is it vital to keep my system operating normally? I do use an ethernet connection for my internet, I thought maybe it had something to do with that.

It may. Do a Google search for it. If it's of any importance, keep it. If it's not, delete it.

-Dan The Man

I didn't find anything that said it was vital but I won't delete it anyways. Also, everytime my computer boots the System 32 folder opens up. Is there anyway to make it not open everytime? Here is what is in my startup folder:
Digital Line Detect
Microsoft Office
Post-It Software Notes Lite
Thanks!

"Digital Line Detect startup entry
Filename: DLG.exe

Description: Used to check whether you are connected with digital telephone line. Comes with modem software. Located in "C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\".

Stopping of Digital Line Detect process: Process Digital Line Detect compromises your privacy. We advice you to scan your computer and stop all spyware related processes"

Does this mean that it will affect my privacy if it is on or off? I want to get rid of it if I can. Its not spyware, right?

Does this mean that it will affect my privacy if it is on or off? I want to get rid of it if I can. Its not spyware, right?

That is just a vulnerability , I guess. The spyware make use of DLG to spread out or something like that...DLG is not a spyware.

Yes, you can get rid of it. it's usually installed via the manu or when you install a new modem. i see it installed all the time on dell gx260s and dell gx270s. You can safely remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom