new PSU opinions wanted

very good, including hd audio driver, physx, etc.

how about using driver sweeper - now called driver fusion? or going into regedit to delete all nvidia folders/files ?

DriverSweeper would be your best bet after manually uninstalling everything. I don't recommend diving into the registry unless necessary ;).

very weird - looked and my post did not show up , so I rewrote it - but then the first one showed up?? Anyhow moderator- please delete this post.

Last edited:
Ok - so deleted the Nvidia stuff via control panel and Driver fusion. reboot and windows did find the generic VGA driver. SO far so good. shut down and installed new GPU- very tight - had to slightly bend hard drive cage to fit it. Reconnect PCI e power and hit the power. The fans and LED's started to come on, but dimmed immediately and flickered/pulsed and then nothing. Hmm..... What the HELL!! - OK so was installed a new PSU anyhow - , so took out the GPU, and the PSU, installed the new PSU , and noticed the bottom corner connections on the MOBO were off= LED, reset,etc. -So they must have come off when moving the cords around for GPU install or PSU extraction. SO now need to find out what goes where= Asrtock Z68 gen 3 mobo - will have to use some young eyes as the writing on the connection is tiny. . Ran out of time - will update when I get home from the office - 8 pm.

OK new PSU installed , connections all look good, Same results = fans spin, leds come on pulse, pulse and shut down, any ideas???? Took out 290 GPU same results, so it is not the GPU or the PSU. What the heck is going on. HELP please.

Is it possible I unseated the CPU getting in the new GPU? How to check if the mobo got shorted or the CPU is not seated/sealed?

Last edited:
ok - will attempt that as well. i am soo ****ed.

no go, all fans= GPU, CPU case fans all fire up as long as I hold the power button in and the LEDs on the fans pulse dim bright/dim/bright/etc. about every second. Can the power switch on the case do that? The LED by the cmos -looks like an 88, does not turn on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom