new PSU opinions wanted

no- not reference- Windforce cooler . He counter offered at $335 "by it now" sale.

Last edited:
I finally picked it up for $300 from someone else - 100% rating , not too many transactions. Cross your fingers .......

YES- generally cynical about people. Especially about not ever shaking someones hand or even seeing them in person. Remember- I am old!! I am old school about purchasing stuff.....

ok received card. looks brand new. Full packaging,etc.

Plugged into my PC that has a AMD card in it already and catalyst drivers with a older phenom CPU and a 750 watt Corsair PSU. I ran Kombuster benchmark test = 3675. Then let it run for 10 minutes - temps reached 87 Celsius , no artifacts, Frames consistent at 60. Temp situation is pretty normal from what I read , but my score seems low. what do you think ?

Higher than mine. Don't see anything wrong with that. Not really a real "benchmark" in my eyes. Load the card in your machine with a fresh set of drivers and play BF4.

coming from their father- I would not mean all that much. I cant figure how 770 keeps up with the 280x with less memory, etc.

ok today putting in the new Sesonic 750 watt PSU and the 290 GPU - I may have to take out some of the extra hard drive mounts to fit the new GPU it in my Sentry mid tower case- it just fit in the coolermaster Half case. Question: Should I delete all the Nvidia drivers and load catalyst suite/drivers before taking out the 560 GPU or wait until I install the new 290 and then delete the Nvidia drivers and load new drivers from AMD with the card already in?

That would be the best thing to do; remove drivers, remove card, install new card, install new drivers.

Back
Top Bottom