Help choosing a MB fitting these parts, please?

bengjo

Baseband Member
Hey

I could really use some help choosing a motherboard. Preferably from this site!

Budget: As close to 600NOK (the site displays parts in NOK as a default) as possible while fitting with the other parts I have. If that's 700NOK, cool, if I'll have to go as high as 1000NOK, then so be it. If you catch my drift. Whatever it takes.

These are the parts I already have, and have trouble choosing a motherboard on my own as I don't know if there will be enough Watt in the PSU for it and also if the i5 will fit in it.

Parts I already have:
PSU
PROSESSOR
GPU
RAM
CASE

PS: The parts I already have are linked on a different site than the one I'd like the motherboard to be chosen from.

I'm not sure if this is asking too much. I'd be super appreciative if someone could help me out!

Last edited:

First of all, that was quick and effective - thanks!

I think I've made a mistake here... That's the motherboard I already have, the one you have previously suggested I get (thanks again).

You also suggested a i3, but I later chose to get an i5 instead, because the situation changed. Anyway, the motherboard says it supports an i5 prosessor, but the i5 I have doesn't fit in the socket! What did I do wrong here? :(

Picture of socket not fitting (imgur).
Picture of i5 box (imgur).

Because you bought an i5 3470 which is socket 1155 and the motherboard is 1150. The CPU you linked up there is different and is the correct processor for that board.

Because you bought an i5 3470 which is socket 1155 and the motherboard is 1150. The CPU you linked up there is different and is the correct processor for that board.

Derp. Thanks for clearing that up and thanks so much for helping.

Back
Top Bottom