Using Serillel

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
Will it raise my performance if I only use one IDE drive? I have the 120GB special edition WD1200JB HDD.... Will it make any performance difference? Also (this is mainly directed at nubius and 4W4K3) does the NF7-S come with the serillel converter? If so how many because I am looking here and it only says it comes with one- http://www.abit-usa.com/technology/serillel_new.php

I want to take every performance advantage as possible on the new motherboard I'm getting (NF7-S if you haven't caught on yet).

I don't have two drives... I have one... is there any advantage from hooking that one drive up through Serillel2?

as i told, S-ATA has more transfer rate than ATA, also its HOT-SWAPPABLE, means u can unplug the hard drive while in running condition, (but this isnt any advatage in my opinion), as no body at least will be changing hard drives opening their system casing while pc is running.

yes u can use 1 H/D making it S-ATA and increase your transfer rate.

remember, its the S-ATA technology that helps the data trasnfer rate to increase, not the hard drive itself.

sure, you might wont see a huge difference while using pc. booting up windows etc.

but try copying data from 1 partition to other on both parallel and serial interface, then you'll notice some time diference.

this is actually made for those, who already had bought IDE's in old days, and dont want to sell them at low prices to get S-ATA's once again.

another advantage would be as if you want to use 4 optical drives (still are some maniacs out there using 4 optical drives). then you can utilize your S-ATA connections for your hard drives and rest use primary and secondary IDE channels for optical drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom