NF7 Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
u954j

this what you need?

lol 4W, that's the EXACT same site I have bookmarked for my BIOS's. I've also tried quite a few of them, but I haven't noticed any stability differences or being able to lower the voltage or anything like that wish I had hoped =/ I've been trying to keep my clock speed, but lower the Vcore from 1.875 but when it goes to 1.85 the computer beeps that europe sounding police sirens, one restart and the computer will boot up with that 1.85 at which point I generally just enter the BIOS and change it BACK to 1.875 =/

I'm currently using BIOS:

Abit NF7-Sv2 D26 CPC-OFF mantarays-xt

I see no difference between this and the previous mantaray version, but I do like the OC menu's layout better on this one.

Thanks for the mod link also. I'll check it out.

EDIT: Yeah leonidas that was what I was talking about. That particular screenie is a bit small though :p

So do you like that bios better than the softmenu one or w/e it is that comes with the board? Is there much difference in them?

lazerman said:
So do you like that bios better than the softmenu one or w/e it is that comes with the board? Is there much difference in them?

huge difference for me, RAM's stop at 225MHz on all of the Abit BIOS's. CPC-OFF allows for much higher clocks for me. Also the layout is different and more "situated" for an overclocker IMO.

lazerman said:
So what is the best bios that you have used then?

i THINK it was "D25 CPC-OFF rev.2.0.1C 03.08.2004 3.19 Bpl" BIOS...but i cannot remmeber. I can't read it in POST as it goes by too fast, and i dunno any other way to check it. I KNOW its a d25 CPC-OFF 2.#.#.#....but there are a few D25 revisions. it's by Merlin, guaranteed.

Wont it tell you in CPU-Z? I just want to be able to go real fast... I know it'll be hella fast anyways.

lazerman said:
Wont it tell you in CPU-Z? I just want to be able to go real fast... I know it'll be hella fast anyways.

hmm...not for me. it jsut says "award bios 6" which is just the BIOS chip version or sumthin.

hey ive got another question about the nf7-s 2.0 is the nb cooling enough? should i take it off and put more thermal paste? or put an old AMD 2800+ heatsink on there with some thermal epoxy? and also how about the southbridge? drop some cooling on there too?

i have just royally ****ed myself... i was playing with my RAM and lowered the FSB to 200, and tried to get the cas latency to 2... i went to reboot after changing this and i got more beeps than i could begin to decipher... then it began to play something that actually sounded like some sort of song maybe a siren of some sort... i then unplugged and switched the jumpers back then forth... restarted and nothing but a blank screen... so im guessing my ram is dead, i tried each module independently unfortunately i have no other RAM to test with, so did i destroy my ram or is there anything else i can try? it should atleast boot shouldnt it? oh well thanks in advance for any ideas/condolenses(misspelled?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom