Skyrim ENB rig

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
got asked by my Dad to help him build a PC that can run Skyrim ENB and other high end mods at Ultra settings, haven't build a PC in at least 4 years. Any input from anyone who knows what these mods need to run would be appreciated. My father doesn't have a budget but I don't want to go too far overboard.

Ballpark budget?

If we wants to do something like STEP with high end high res texture mods he needs a 4GB graphics card capable of pushing the eye candy. I run STEP 2.3 with ALL high end things selected at 1440p and 8x AA with a 4GB GTX 680. That being said this is what I'll start off recommending and we can change things up as necessary.

i5 4670k
ASRock or MSI Z87 motherboard (the cheaper the better really)
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 (2x4)
GTX 770 4GB or R9 290x (Skyrim tends to favor AMD actually)
Seasonic M1211 620w
Whatever case that suits his fancy
Windows 7 or 8 doesn't matter

The thing I highly recommend for a heavily modded Skyrim is an SSD. Something like a 120GB Samsung EVO with a 1TB Seagate or WD drive would be perfect.

1500-2000 would be nice, but if it goes over he wont care, he makes good money. I appreciate the input, it gives me a great guide to get started.

The most important part is the 4GB graphics card with a GPU capable of pushing it. I cap 3.4GB with my mods and the 680 almost isn't enough to push my settings.

Backing that the 4670k is the best choice.

Back
Top Bottom