Help with Sony Vaio

No the OS. I want to bring ti back to factory settings. Will the recovery drive do that?

Wow it worked. I installed Win 7 Pro. I know we had beef many years ago but thanks. It seems though I always have driver issues when every reformatting with a pc for a client. Sometimes it becomes so frustrating, it makes me want to give up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Driver issues can indeed be a pain.

So did you just restore from the recovery partition then I'm guessing?

And we had issues years ago? I don't really remember lol. Glad to help out either way.

No I could not figure out how to. I installed the win 7 link the way you instructed and it worked perfect. Thanks again!

Ah so you did just install the driver.

Good to know it worked.

Were there any other devices that had missing drivers (yellow exclamation marks)? Or just the wifi adapter?

keeps say the switch is not on, which it is, I have reinstalled it twice.

Next time you need to reinstall, boot into the bios, make sure the ethernet adapter and wifi are enabled by default.
If its off by default, windows or linux will assume you have no wireless nic card.
Had the same issue in the past years with my netbooks and laptop.
Turn the switch on, locate the driver that use to work for win7 x86 or x64bit and install, restart to reflect changes.

Problem solved.

Next time you need to reinstall, boot into the bios, make sure the ethernet adapter and wifi are enabled by default.
If its off by default, windows or linux will assume you have no wireless nic card.

I've never seen it off by default in the BIOS. Sometimes off by the physical switch or a touch-button for Wifi, but haven't seen any off in the BIOS.

Like I said previously, usually it's because of missing OEM drivers for media/touch controls and/or keyboard driver/utilities from the OEM.

Back
Top Bottom