Help with Sony Vaio

fallenapples

In Runtime
I reformatted a Vaio and now the wifi drivers do not work. When I was reformatting it I noticed there was a recovery partition of 62 gb, how can I use this as the default?

You would have to boot into the recovery manager menu by pressing the specified key for recovery at the BIOS splash screen.

Alternatively, you can just install the wifi driver yourself which would be faster IMO lol.

What model of Vaio is it?

When I install the drivers from the site it says it is not the correct version of windows. I am going to try Professional, could you please tell me how to get ti back to factory settings. I have tried 3 wifi drivers and it keeps say the switch is not on, which it is, I have reinstalled it twice.

What version of Windows are you running? And what architecture (32bit or 64bit) ?

Did you install with recovery discs, or an OEM disc?

Assuming you have Win8 x64 with the AR9285 wifi adapter: Drivers for Atheros AR9285 and Windows 8

Edit: For Win7 x64: http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=37&system=6

Download that and unzip it somewhere. Open up your Device Manager, find your wifi adapter under Network Connections > right click > Update driver software... > "Browse my computer" option > point it to the folder you unzipped the drivers from the Atheros website > click Next and let it install.

If you're getting errors about the card not being switched on, then you'll need to install the Sony software utilities to get everything working (keyboard function keys, touch controls, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom