[Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Hey everyone! Got another update for ya! I finished up the brackets I started at the end of last update and made the case sturdier with a gusset and a shroud through the bottom case. I am very pleased with the build so far! I also am stoked to announce that Primochill and Mod/smart are officially going to sponsor the build! I hope to have some of that in the next update! Also Cooler Master is going to sponsor the build with the new VSM750w semi-modular power supply! I plan to sleeve it up with Mod/Smarts new MaxCord paracord, and I will be painting the connectors copper! Thanks to these sponsors for helping make this case mod awesome!

BTzHil5.jpg

z2iHQXB.jpg

blYLnCi.jpg

Now that I let you in on the great news, lets get into the update!

First off Ill show you the brackets I fiber glassed to fill all the holes. They almost look like they came stock this way =D

mSc8CiQ.jpg

4C1xQy9.jpg

sfdP0xi.jpg

mC8ibVI.jpg

I decided to use rivet nuts instead of rivets so I can screw the case back together with bolts now.

3ssgi8X.jpg

6WOrgCZ.jpg

U8AnFxu.jpg

Now I had a nice neat bottom box ready.

w2bsgEo.jpg

8KIsmPy.jpg

Next I made a gusset for strength using acrylic and aluminum cube standoff/nuts. My machinist is sending me the jig to make these and I should have them available for purchase soon after an overwhelming demand for them! Please visit my Facebook Page and leave a message for details. Ill leave a link at the end of the update!

LoILLUt.jpg

xx6hLx5.jpg

N0uTCs7.jpg

l2jqolw.jpg

dawSTn4.jpg

kZtCP2z.jpg

uEMSKxt.jpg

ekThJGa.jpg

SZ40Bsg.jpg

Just that little gusset alone made the case really rigid! Next up was the shroud which will have a small window to show the side of the power supply, and also will have my solid states that I use mounted on it.

First I cut the shroud to size and marked lines to make my bends.

mp8kkoH.jpg

wKe3BEB.jpg

qxCGMQn.jpg

After the first bends I sized it up to mark the excess to be cut off with the router.

ClEkkjr.jpg

uHUCpsZ.jpg

KJ79Er5.jpg

I had to make a notch to clear the lip on the right side. It ended up fitting really nice, then it was time to bolt it down.

wYM6ZuH.jpg

8c8dVIq.jpg

I marked off the cube mounts and got them all on.

ZbglfmH.jpg

GfaUByK.jpg

PtUCqfs.jpg

Once they were on I got it into place. marked them off on the case and then bolted it in.

3CueBJY.jpg

R6r9I2U.jpg

7rU5hyW.jpg

It fit like a glove and came out cleaner than I expected. =D

HVi1Crc.jpg

4pwnfPe.jpg

While I had it tore down I added some MNPCtech.com U-Channel to the bottom panel on the top case that I cut out. It is without a doubt the best U-channel I have used. I left some slack because I will be coating it in white PlastiDip and the last time I did that it shrunk the U-channel a bit.

V4xmglA.jpg

yaS00XM.jpg

yX6NdzW.jpg

aoLRlsy.jpg

Last I stacked up the case and took some photos of where I am sitting at =D

tEAjpJ4.jpg

6t3fE4k.jpg

kDbPI5O.jpg

o3LuPZE.jpg

rb28ZVp.jpg

13gYsJw.jpg

Y6m3rhm.jpg

Well that is all I have for now! Thanks again so much for checking out the build progress! Remember to check my Facebook modding page Clockwerk Case Mods for daily updates and to inquire about the aluminum cubes I will be offering very soon! Take care guys until next time!

Hey everyone!! Sorry for the delay in updates on the forums! I had an update prepared for last week and ended up moving my workshop from the pool house area to the garage for the summer and I collected some tools and had a huge organization break. So now I am back at it and it is smooth operator! Aluminum cubes are still available at Clockwerk Case Mods, just send me a PM for information! Alright now on with the updates! Lots of goodies came in and I started some of the cool details that will be in this mod!

First thing is first, huge thanks to my awesome sponsors! You guys are really making this build extra special to me!

prYgepC.png

Alright now I want to show you the goodies that came in! First up my power supply from Cooler Master! The newly released semi-modular VSM750w Gold Rated Power supply. I wrote up a little review, check it out >here< Next update I will have it all sleeved up with the Mod/Smart MaxCord I am about to show you!

teXBdO4.jpg

WVJRBdy.jpg

SfEOisT.jpg

Qz0B2HB.jpg

Alright now on to my Primochill & Mod/Smart parts!

5SFgu7S.jpg

fzThCaf.jpg

Bright white MaxCord paracord!

yLjpaQy.jpg

FvCbuhx.jpg

Kobra sleeve for the sata signal cables.

1M9mIES.jpg

Connectors for making custom cables.

vJB52N1.jpg

Heatshrink to match.

QNhZagO.jpg

LED boards for the numerous single wired LEDs I have going into this build.

A7qoBWc.jpg

zC9lgvH.jpg

Many bulkheads! Ill be custom painting them copper =D

iYJNcRy.jpg

More revolvers than the wild west!!

UlQ6vFZ.jpg

All the fittings I will be using.

uP6RxRP.jpg

Can't connect the revolvers without PETG! Originally I was going to use copper tube and I was only using PETG behind the scenes to connect the bulkheads but I have a little surprise for my tubing later on!

jSsMo6Q.jpg

Can't forget the awesome selection of Primochill Intesifier Sicle Colors! That's all I can say about them though!

ZaklPEf.jpg

Alright that's all the parts for now! On to the labor =D First is the LED trim, I use 1/4" acrylic stock and painted the face copper and drilled the ends for 3mm LEDs. Last night I ended up masking them off and painting the top for a more fuller look and the light will show out the bottoms.

mJq0VY0.jpg

UEKl8sx.jpg

DoIleAJ.jpg

eWjayHC.jpg

Lhvj7Mc.jpg

VYPd3nJ.jpg

rDeGxRT.jpg

tFerqe9.jpg

dbn2B8T.jpg

Back
Top Bottom