Random mouse freezing

RedLobster830

Beta member
On 2nd of May 2014. in late afternoon I encountered this weird mouse freezing, from 1-5second or total mouse failure (meaning mouse turned off) resulting in me having to reconnect the mouse into USB port. I use this mouse: MS Industrial wired mouse Wizard - MS Industrial International
At the moment I was playing a game called League of Legends but I believe it makes no difference.

I tried various things: Changing the USB port (didn't help) , also I tried to switch the keyboard in all of those and it is working perfectly fine and concerning the mouse it doesn't matter in which usb port it is, the problem persists.
Updating the drivers, they are up to date. Uninstalling them and letting the computer do the work also didn't work. Uninstalling/Disabling just one of those 2 makes the mouse dead. Here is the picture: http://i61.tinypic.com/2nbx2qv.png
The location of the 1st one is "on USB Human Interface Device" and of the 2nd one is "on HID-compliand device" if it is of any help...
Also,whenever that freeze occurs you can hear a specific sound the computer makes when it recognizes that something is in the USB port or that something (USB stick or in this case mouse USB) leaves the USB port. Those sounds are also at random or at least I couldn't find the difference/connection.
So I've read that it, maybe, has something to do with my NVIDIA graphics card. I got a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti , version 335.23 and I tried rollbacking the graphics card but it didn't solve the problem.
The only two things I didn't do is trying another mouse and trying the current mouse on another computer.

One more thing to point at is: If I am in the Device Manager(picture above) in the moment the mouse freezes and the computer produces the sound whole list of devices in Device Manager would refresh. Also, it seems that if I do not move the mouse the freezes,including the sound, will not occur. I ain't sure about that,though.

I also tried this which I found on another forum: "Not sure about the exact phrasing here, but basically the part of the mouse where the cord goes into the mouse is glitchy/broken.
As long as the cord was pointing straight away from the mouse or to the right( | or / ) the mouse would work as normal, however if the cord would point to the left from the mouse( like so: \ ), it wouldn't receive any power, and act as if i unplugged the mouse.
So, if i move the mouse far enough to the right, eventually the cord would get turned to the left enough for this glitch to come into effect and the mouse to stop working."
Reinstalling the OS didn't give any results, either. I did a system restore before and after formatting the computer, also nothing.
I do have enough of RAM (8gb), physical memory usually doesn't go above 50-60%. CPU also doesn't go above that.
Specs: CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
RAM: 8GB
Display: GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Approx. Total Memory: 4049MB
Sorry for the long post and I'm open to any suggestions since I've been troubling with this for a lot of hours and I just can't seem to find the problem!

On 2nd of May 2014. in late afternoon I encountered this weird mouse freezing, from 1-5second or total mouse failure (meaning mouse turned off) resulting in me having to reconnect the mouse
So, if i move the mouse far enough to the right, eventually the cord would get turned to the left enough for this glitch to come into effect and the mouse to stop working."
Reinstalling the OS didn't give any results, either. I did a system restore before and after formatting the computer, also nothing.
I do have enough of RAM (8gb), physical memory usually doesn't go above 50-60%. CPU also doesn't go above that.
Specs: CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
RAM: 8GB
Display: GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Approx. Total Memory: 4049MB

What is your make and model of the mouses you have ?
Can you please download this and tell us what your motherboard model is ?
Click on the motherboard tab and tell us what it says.
CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Download Link:
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Last edited:
This is the mouse I use: MS Industrial wired mouse Wizard - MS Industrial International

Motherboard:
Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model: P8H61 Rev X.0x
Chipset: Intel - Sandy Bridge , Rev. 09
Southbridge: Intel - H61 , Rev. B3
LPCIO: Nuvoton - NCT6776

BIOS
Brand: American Megatrends Inc.
Version: 0405
Date: 02/25/2011

Graphic Interface
Version: PCI-Express
Link Width: x16 , Max. Supported: x15

That is it.

This is the mouse I use: MS IndustrialÂ*wired mouseÂ*Wizard - MS Industrial International

Motherboard:
Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Model: P8H61 Rev X.0x
Chipset: Intel - Sandy Bridge , Rev. 09
Southbridge: Intel - H61 , Rev. B3
LPCIO: Nuvoton - NCT6776

Lets start off with getting your chipset downloaded and updated:
Intel Chipset Driver V9.3.0.1019 for Windows Win7 64bit---(WHQL).
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Intel_Chipset_V9301019_XPVistaWin7.zip

Next download this please:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8H61-M_LX/P8H61-M-LX-ASUS-4404.zip

P8H61-M LX BIOS 4404
1.Fix sometimes can't recognize Card Reader KAWAU-C235 issue.
2.Fixed onboard & add-on VGA card compatibility issue.
3.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- CPU Support

Motherboards - P8H61-M LX

Once you have done this successfully let us know what happens soon.

Back
Top Bottom