programs freezing on Crucial M500 SSD

well I caved I went back to windows 7 and the SSD works now in ahci but for some reason it sits at the starting windows screen for longer than I think it should why would that be?

I now have 30 days to actually buy win 7 lol

When you say cheap am3+ mobo how cheap are we talking?

A new mobo now that I think of it will lead to a whole new build. This case I have now is so cheap and aweful that when I put the mobo in parts got bent a little so I think removing the mobo from this case will mess up the case and mobo so that means new build or close to it

Depending on what you mean by that supposed damage buying a cheap 54 dollar or so board wouldn't mean a whole new build unless you wanted it to. I mean if you dropped cash on 8.1 you might as well use it and if your board doesn't have proper drivers you'll have problems.

Well the damage to my case was on the back when I was trying to put my motherboard in during the build and i somehow bent some of the back slots where the cards stick out. I wasn't even able to screw in my wifi card after that damage. And over the past 2.5 years of this computers existence it has been in the back seat of a car with a maniac driving me to college and a wooden cabnet fell on the case bending it even further it really is hard to explain.

I may invest some money in a mobo over the summer but I would definitely get something with a little future compatibility. I don't know how long am3+ will be around before am4 comes out or something that I cant upgrade to.

I was toying around with the idea of getting one of those AMD kaveri APUs and a compatible graphics card but I don't know if that will be much if any gain over what I have now

Well the damage to my case was on the back when I was trying to put my motherboard in during the build and i somehow bent some of the back slots where the cards stick out. I wasn't even able to screw in my wifi card after that damage. And over the past 2.5 years of this computers existence it has been in the back seat of a car with a maniac driving me to college and a wooden cabnet fell on the case bending it even further it really is hard to explain.
Damn. Well, nothing a pair of needle nose pliers can't fix I assume since it's still working. Until recently I had a Thermaltake case that fell onto hard wood flooring off a tall chair and I used it as a server case until this past Feb. Oddly enough the Thermalright mounting solution was so good the TRUE120 didn't snap the board. I just bent the expansion slot area back into place and I was good to go.

I may invest some money in a mobo over the summer but I would definitely get something with a little future compatibility. I don't know how long am3+ will be around before am4 comes out or something that I cant upgrade to.
AMD dedicated CPUs as of right now are done. No more after the 8350 (and stupid 9590). Normally I wouldn't say get a cheap board but in your case since you don't already have an FX CPU then not worth it to get an expensive board. You would be better off just getting an i5 and B85 board if you went the upgrade path.

I was toying around with the idea of getting one of those AMD kaveri APUs and a compatible graphics card but I don't know if that will be much if any gain over what I have now
Depending on the APU in question it would be a step backwards actually.

Back
Top Bottom