Bluetooth Audio Controller

Vasileff

Beta member
Hello guys,

Long story short... I'm truck driver and most of the time I use my laptop to play my favorite songs on the way. The problem is, that it's quite hard and definately not safe to play/stop/change the songs while driving.

So basically I came up with an idea of a small bluetooth enabled keypad (illuminated buttons would be great) with the basic player buttons on it (play/pause/stop/next/prev song), that I can mount on the dashboard infront of me. Can be powered by either battery or/and lighter plug.

I've been searching the net for days and found nothing like it :(

So, does anyone knows if there's such device or at least something simillar?

P.S.: I do have an IR remote control for PC/laptop that pretty much would do the job, but unfortunatelly it's not Winamp/AIMP3 compatible (unless I use it's "mouse" function, which is not an option).

Thanks in advance!

Hi!

What you're looking for is wireless, portable speakers that will connect to your laptop via bluetooth.

These are very common and can be found in any tech store, as well as online stores such as amazon or newegg.

Here is a link to one that I found.

Amazon.com: SANOXY® Portable Bluetooth Speaker for iPad, iPhone, iPod, Laptop, MP3 and more: Computers & Accessories

Doesn't sound like he wants speakers... he wants a BT remote control that's compatible with WinAMP.

If you have an Android Smartphone:
https://code.google.com/p/remotecontrol-for-winamp/

Most BT speakers come with a remote. It is hard to find one that isn't compatible with Windows. ;)

The remote for speakers won't necessarily work with WinAMP. It would most likely just control volume for the speakers (which would require a separate power source, as well, which is a pain in a car especially when the laptop already has speakers).

If you have an Android Smartphone:
https://code.google.com/p/remotecontrol-for-winamp/

The remote for speakers won't necessarily work with WinAMP. It would most likely just control volume for the speakers (which would require a separate power source, as well, which is a pain in a car especially when the laptop already has speakers).

Well, assuming that the speakers are BT, and that the remote would be connected towards the speakers which are connected to the laptop, then technically the remote doesn't really need to be compatible with WinAMP, does it? Most portable speaker sets require batteries anyways.

Well, assuming that the speakers are BT, and that the remote would be connected towards the speakers which are connected to the laptop, then technically the remote doesn't really need to be compatible with WinAMP, does it? Most portable speaker sets require batteries anyways.

The speakers' remote control might not have media player controls (play/pause/next/previous/etc) compatible with WinAMP is what I'm getting at (and which is what the OP wants). The ones with remotes are usually geared towards mobile devices, with hooks that will work with the audio/music app on a smartphone/tablet. The BT remote for a PC would most likely hook into Windows Media Player rather than WinAMP.

That's why I posted the link to the WinAMP remote app for Android (if OP has an Android device).

The speakers' remote control might not have media player controls (play/pause/next/previous/etc) compatible with WinAMP is what I'm getting at (and which is what the OP wants). The ones with remotes are usually geared towards mobile devices, with hooks that will work with the audio/music app on a smartphone/tablet. The BT remote for a PC would most likely hook into Windows Media Player rather than WinAMP.

That's why I posted the link to the WinAMP remote app for Android (if OP has an Android device).

Right, which is why I tried to find him one that DID have built-in controls. Most of the BT speaker sets on the market these days are geared towards mobile devices, that being said, it doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't be able to find one that isn't, fairly easily.

You're right that you would need to have a remote compatible with WinAMP IF the remote was being directly transmitted into the computer, as the OP said (totally misread what he was saying). But, for the sake of discussion, if the remote was attached towards the wireless BT speakers, that does not mean that the remote would have to be compatible, because the speakers would be. The remote just controls the speakers.

But, for the sake of discussion, if the remote was attached towards the wireless BT speakers, that does not mean that the remote would have to be compatible, because the speakers would be. The remote just controls the speakers.

This is assuming the speakers are able to perform the media control functions through the remote. I.e., Remote sends signal to speakers to skip track -> Speakers send signal to skip track to OS -> OS sends signal to media player (with specific support for WinAMP since it's a 3rd party media player, rather than sending the signal/control function to WMP).

That's a lot to assume, I'd think. That being said, I don't keep up on wireless speakers so there very well could be something out there that can do this - but as fa as I've heard, there isn't.

Back
Top Bottom