New Pc framerate drops even at low!

brokencarr00t1

Beta member
Hello! I have a huge problem with my PC. I get framerate drops on games even at low settings. Recently i bought Battlefield 4 and Assassins Creed BF. Ive started battlefield and get framedrop whatever settings i put. Even at low i get 30-40 fps. But the funny thing is that there is not so much more than 1-2 fps difference in fps if i put on ultra or low. Same things happens with Assassins creed. I can only manage to get 60 fps when im looking in the walls. This getting so anoying , ive spend so much money on this pc and cant play it. Ive been trying whole day to fix this. Im pretty sure that i should be able to play both games if not on ultra then on high with min 60 fps!

My specs

xfx 650w
wd blue 1tb
samsung evo 840 SDD
r9 270x
fx6300
8gb ram

Actually, no not really. Speaking in terms of BF4 64 players, if you're playing 1080p high is doable but you will get dips and mainly stay below 60fps if you have an AA on. Make sure you keep resolution scale at 100% as well. Black flag was pretty hard on my machine with an overclocked 580 which is pretty much the performance you're getting with a 270x. 60fps or over while looking at the walls is normal. The GPU isn't processing much while doing that.

Actually, no not really. Speaking in terms of BF4 64 players, if you're playing 1080p high is doable but you will get dips and mainly stay below 60fps if you have an AA on. Make sure you keep resolution scale at 100% as well. Black flag was pretty hard on my machine with an overclocked 580 which is pretty much the performance you're getting with a 270x. 60fps or over while looking at the walls is normal. The GPU isn't processing much while doing that.

Still geting framerate drops when at low and lowered resolution? Im pretty sure it should run more than 60fps

When running at lower resolutions you start to become more CPU bound. At lower settings you should be alright, but when I had my 580 playing BF4 I ran a mixture of Ultra and low settings to maximize viewing distance and FPS. I could still drop below 40fps depending on what was going on and other times be over 70fps.

The only thing I can tell you is make sure everything running in the background (besides the browser for Battlelog) is turned off and that you have a fresh set of the latest drivers.

It's either that, or we run through the usual checking temps and such.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom