Motherboard

Crossfire is running two AMD/ATI video cards, Raid is using an array of hard drives that work together putting it in a simple way of explaining it. As for the crossfire, If it is only cross fire and not SLI then it will only work with 2 cards if there AMD/ATI Nvidia using 2 cards is called SLI. What board are you looking at so we can more easily see what it supports.

Dauntae

Nope won't work, The i7 isn't needed for gaming either, i5 will work just as well, On the I5/i7 the ones with the K at the end are unlocked for overclocking and you'll need the Z87 motherboard to over clock but with the speed of these chips over clocking isn't needed at all other than running bench marks, So the Save $100 get the i5 4670K and put the money towed a Z87 motherboard if you want to overclock, If not OC ing then save a little more and just get the i5 4670 and a MB that supports SLI so you can run both your GTX760's I'm posting from my phone so searching a good MB is tough but will do it after I get out of work tonight and I'm sure others will suggest some good boards, PPMguire is a hardware master on this forum and I'm sure he will have some good suggestions.

Dauntae

Last edited:
Home from work now, Not sure where you have to buy in your country but for MSI for a little more than the board you posted this one will SLI 2 Nvidia cards so should work for what you need and will give you a little extra from what you saved by going with the i5 4670 instead of the i7 4770
This link wont work out to buy from here in your country but I put it so ou can see the specs on it Newegg.com - MSI Z87-G55 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
If you can find AsRock mother boards see if you can find this one which supports both SLI and Crossfire for a good price in comparison to some other boards in the same range of option and features.
Newegg.com - ASRock Z87 Extreme3 LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

Dauntae

I won't use it only for gaming, I truly fo need that, I won't be doing any OC, so I can't put a SLI there?
Btw what is raid?

SLI is what the call using 2 Nvidia video cards, If your putting in 2 x GTX 760's then you will be running SLI If your not over clocking and want the I7 just get the i7 4770 without the K at the end and it will be a little cheaper

For raid, this will tell all lol lots of reading however
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_RAID_levels

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom