PSU Issues?

I'd be willing to put money on that it is. Another reason why I tell people NOT to buy sound cards. Their drivers are typically crash prone unless they are tried and true. Unfortunately, nobody has tried and true drivers for Windows 8.

Well... it's been more than a week. Have had a couple heavy playing sessions. No crashes! Seems like it worked! Appreciate the help guys. At first I though the idea of the sound card being the problem was rediculous. Just a shame that I had to sacrifice it. I'll probably end up just putting it into my other computer and use it strictly for music!

Give it time I suppose.. Windows 8 is still pretty new. I could tell the moment i used it that it was going to be buggy. I do have a another issue though. Since I took out my sound card. My front headphone/mic jack. Along with the USB ports in the front no longer work. Any clues on that?

Has nothing to do with Windows 8 honestly. If anything, it would make their drivers buggier, but Creative has always had buggy drivers since the 90s. Their software team need to be shot.

The front audio cable probably needs to be plugged into the motherboard. As for the USB no clue. Check the connection on the motherboard. Maybe it got hit when you were taking the card out.

I'm not sure of the motherboard. I had it built through ibuypower. its an MSI board..black and blue and has 8 ram slots that allows 64gigs. I tried looking for some kind of name on it.didnt see one. And the case is an NZXT Phantom 410.

Back
Top Bottom