Help a tablet newb pick his first android tablet

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So I've never owned or used a tablet but over the last year I've been working with my brother on a business that is essentially an online .pdf storage company. The tablets would server as electronic binders so the .pdf could be pulled and viewed on demand. So basically wi-fi .pdf viewers.

So I'm into the tablet testing phase now and need to pick up an android tablet (ipad in a few months as well). However, if I'm going to get one I might as well as pick one I'm going to use for other needs as well. My next greatest use would be to create and edit word docs and web surfing (tethered through my Galaxy S3). I attend a lot of meetings and would like to use it with a keyboard for live note taking (My laptop is a no go for this). Next to that I'd use it as a standard note book, day planner, reader, and of course; games.

Money isn't a big concern but at the same time I don't want to wast money on needlessness. Basically cruising the used adds around here there is a $200 difference between the two tablets. From what I can tell with the galaxy I'm paying $200 more for a slightly better screen and stylus. Meanwhile the Nexus 10 is less bloated and responds faster. My interpretation of the reviews seem to favour the Nexus unless you're going to use the pen heavily and multitasking.

Anyone have anything to add? Experience with both? A different recommendation?

IMO go with a Nexus. Either the 7 or the 10, whichever size you prefer. I have the 2012 Nexus 7and I love it. I know a guy with the Nexus 10 and he likes it as well.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I bought my wife a ASUS MeMO Pad ME102A-A1-GR 10.1" 16gb tablet. Seems to be a real go-getter. The only drawbacks I have found is the resolution is only 1280x800 and the CPU appears to be a Mediatek which means no ROMs for it.

Oh man, is taking me back a couple of years seeing your names! Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to go into the stores and try and play with a few this week to get a feel for them. More suggestions are welcome if anyone has any...

I wouldn't do the Nexus 10 at this point.. it's been a long while since it's had a spec boost.

New Nexus 7!

I had large tablets before but barely used them after a few months.

To be honest I don;t use my 7 inch table much now, but it is certainly more useful for travel etc...

Back
Top Bottom