dual or single GPU

Always go with the single more powerfull card setup. later on you can add a second card to get even more boost. Parting with 2 cards is harder then upgrading one, also 1 gpu will encounter less issues with in game and finally not every game is configured for multi gpu use.

Yup go with the single, When I had just 1 470 it handled everything I threw at it but now that it's finally struggling to max out games I wanted to wait for the GTX 870 but since there being delayed for release I just got another 470 and I'm still maxing most games out and it was a cheap upgrade getting a second used one. Down the road you can get a second 290X most likely cheap when the single one is starting to struggle to max the settings out.

Dauntae

alright, so no dual gpu, the gtx 780 ti is 650 dollars on ebay though, is it worth that much or should i get a gtx 780/ r9 290/ 280x?

Note: the r9 290x is only 400 on ebay.

Last edited:
Always go with the single more powerfull card setup. later on you can add a second card to get even more boost. Parting with 2 cards is harder then upgrading one, also 1 gpu will encounter less issues with in game and finally not every game is configured for multi gpu use.

Well I'll quote this.

Plus, dual cards put out more heat, require more juice to run, run into driver issues more frequently, can have game compatibility issues, frame pacing issue (AMD), scaling issues. You get the picture.

In Computer Technology: ;Consistently go with the song even more powerfull card setup. later on you can include a second card to get much more improvement.

Back
Top Bottom