HP PAVILION DV6-6B01AX CCC issues.

luke127

The Ghost
Hey guys, I'm sure most of you know what the CCC is, as it's the primary control software for the AMD APUs, and graphics cards. Now I had to dig to get my specific HP Pavilion Dv6 name, but since I found it, it's now in the title of the thread. Now onto the issue at hand:

Unfortunately, I've been having issues with my CCC because it's updated at some-point, and now I'm missing 90% of the options that the CCC is supposed to control.
eg: Forcing the dicrete graphics instead of the built in card.

The only options I have access to right now are the CPU clock speed limiters, and the power plan options. That's it, previously I had full control of literally EVERY tiny thing of the screen, CPU, GPUs, etc.

Now I'm wondering if updating to the newest AMD CCC will solve the problem, but I'm worried about the graphics in this pc being too old, and may not be compatible with the newest updates.

I am also aware that my BIOS is named under the HP, however this is not the case. HP Pavilions usually use the "Insyde" BIOS in their motherboards. Keep this in mind :) I've already checked for updates to my BIOS, and it's at the latest update.

Here's a CPU-Z log of what my pc specs are:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ys07g8b7j4o3tr/PC Specs.txt

So I'm hoping that some of you can tell me if the latest update found here:
Downloads
Will be compatible with my laptop :)

I'm currently using the auto-detect installer, and it's currently updating all my software :) Will post back if it solves the issue.

Ok, so it's solved half of my issue. Now I need my switchable graphics to work again, and it appears that I cannot force the CCC to use a specific card at all, unlike the old system (Which said it was forcing it, but wasn't).

Back
Top Bottom