No video- help?

I'm not really sure then. You can try removing your rams and try running on single RAM sticks (swapping out) and see if that works.

Also, listen to see if you hear the Windows chime when your computer boots up (if it even is)

CMOS battery will be under the GPU. Right under the PCI-E x16 slot. You may have to remove your video card to gain access. Not a bad thing though, as you will be reseating the card, which could likely be the issue. The card may be seated incorrectly.

So I turned the speakers on, no chime. Pulled out the gpu, pried out the battery, popped it back in and no change. I then pulled out the gpu and both memory sticks and tried to turn it on, and not a peep from the diagnostic speaker.

Is there any chance the problem might be the battery?

No, the battery is there to hold your BIOS settings so even if it was faulty it would just reset your settings every time you powered down your computer.

Would you happen to have another video card you could sub out for the one you're currently using?

redfish said:
So I turned the speakers on, no chime.
That comment right there makes me wants to confirm that this is the type of speaker you plugged in, right?
12-201-032-TS

I don't have another video card, unfortunately... And yes, that is the diagnostic speaker that I have plugged in to the motherboard. It's been dead silent no matter what I do. In that test though I was listening to the actual computer speakers to see if windows was starting.

If you took all the RAM out and started it up, and it's not doing anything (i.e. no sound from diagnostic speaker), then it's something with the board.

Take your motherboard out of the case, put it on a piece of cardboard, and hook everything up and see if you can get it to boot outside of the case. If it boots... then it was the mobo shorting against the case somewhere.

Sorry if this has passed the zombie thread limit, I'm too exasperated to do the math. I replaced the motherboard with an ASUS a few days after the last post, and it ran just fine until just now. I went out for a little while and left my computer running; when I came back, it was off, and when I turned it on there was no video. As if it wasn't confusing enough the first time around, now it happened again with a different motherboard... any ideas?

Carpet = ESD = death. Possible he might have released a discharge on his computer during the re-carpet.

Back
Top Bottom