new build

yawneth

Beta member
Trying to build a new machine what do you think of this choices (or if everything is compatible it's been to long since my last build) thank you
Asus H81-PLUS
Intel Core i5-4670 3.4Ghz Box
WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA3
Asus GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II OC 2GB GDDR5
G.Skill DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 8GB 2x4GB CL11
Tacens Anima AC1
Corsair CX600 V2 600W Builder Series 80 Plus Bronze

What is your budget?

Good build, but I would add a SSD like the Samsung EVO for performance.

Might want to look at Corsair Carbide Series for case options. They have great wire management and air flow. The 200R and 300R are pretty cheap depending where you are in the world.

Everything else looks great.

I would look at getting different RAM, otherwise I hope you're not spending too much on that kit.

If budget is a concern I would get the i5 4440 instead and get a better quality PSU for your rig.

Might want to look at Corsair Carbide Series for case options. They have great wire management and air flow. The 200R and 300R are pretty cheap depending where you are in the world.

+1 on the carbide series cases.
Got the 200r at Microcenter for $50.

I would look at getting different RAM, otherwise I hope you're not spending too much on that kit.

If budget is a concern I would get the i5 4440 instead and get a better quality PSU for your rig.

It was the cheapest kit i found at the store it's discounted atm.
Would a Corsair CS650M 650W 80 Plus Gold has replacement be worth it? Or should i look at others?

What is your budget?

Good build, but I would add a SSD like the Samsung EVO for performance.

Everything else looks great.

Does ssd make that much a diference?

Gotcha.

That would be perfect, or if they have it for a bit cheaper the Seasonic M1211 620w.

To the SSD question, simple answer yes.

Is it a better option to get an ssd of 120gb and use an external hdd to hold most files (got some around só it would be free) then to buy an hdd?

It would make more sense to have an internal data/program storage drive than an external due to speed alone and access times.

Like for instance most people (or gamers) have a 120-240GB SSD and then a 1TB drive for extraneous material like movies, music ect. They would also have very large installs on this drive like the Steam/Valve folder (mine is over 500GB) or other software that is large but doesn't exactly take advantage of an SSD. A lot of games do not get a loading time decrease due to them being typical console ports and made to use the slow speeds of an optical drive. The video in my post shows what you'll look forward to having an SSD.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/y...those-building-261626/index2.html#post2035171

I would get a SSD first. If you have externals laying around to use.

A 1tb HDD is pretty cheap these days so you could pick one of those up later on and add in.

Back
Top Bottom