Status
Not open for further replies.

m3trj

Fully Optimized
Alright, I've put together a list of stuff for a new computer:

Asus P4P800S-X Socket-478 I848P ATA - Sound Lan USB2 800FSB SATA Retial Box

Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz Prescott Skt478 FSB533 1MB Cache Retail Boxed CPU

Western Digital Cavier SE 80Gb 7200rpm 8mb Cache Hard Drive - OEM

Corsair (VS1GB400C3) 1024MB, DDR400 / PC3200, non-ECC, 184 DIMM, unbuffered, CL3, 64Mx8 DRAMs

Casetek CK-10162A Blue And Beige Atx Case With 350WATT PSU

Samsung 16x48 IDE DVD-ROM Drive - Retail Box

Sony OEM 3.5 Floppy Drive

XFX Geforce Mx4000 64MB DDR AGP8x TV-Out Retail Box

As you can see the graphics card is crap, but that doesn't matter to me, it's not a gaming machine. Anyway, I'd like to know if all this stuff is compatable? I've never built a computer before. Will there be any problems?

Thanks in advance.

I don't see any incompatibilities there. How much are you spending on a graphics card? more than likely you can get better for the same price. I mean unless you REALLY don't care that much, but you might as well get as much power per dollar as you can.

Looks good, but buy 2 512mb sticks of ram instead of a single 1024 stick. It will help performance.

looks great. If you want to save a bit more money, you could go for the 2.8C cpu (not prescott, not sure if it has HT though). Prescott cpu's run hotter than the Northwood ones.

True_Orb said:
Looks good, but buy 2 512mb sticks of ram instead of a single 1024 stick. It will help performance.

Agreed.

What do you plan on doing with this computer anyway?

i didnt see a burner for cd or dvd..if your going to use this for business you will need a burner to use for backups, may at first seem a bit unreasonable at first , but a harddrive can crash and then you have nothing , whereas if you keep backups on a dvd for instance , its permanent and cand be destroyed and you can make them bootable...just a thought here ..
other than that , nice machine ..very nice

i'd prefer OCZ over Corsair at the moment but there isn't really a difference.

and maybe a 3.0 cpu? and probably a better vid card. everything else seems fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom