Any good pre-built systems out there?

Triple freakin post, sorry Carnage.

It's been a while, new user base, new regulars, so here goes.

I think I should reiterate my stance on this as a few must not completely understand. I have no problems with anybody wanting to buy whatever it is they want. You want to buy a Dell? Be my guest. You want to buy an FX4300 over an i3 because you prefer AMD? Cool! You like that shiny bling case to go with that 300 dollar motherboard? More power to you bro.
My only problem is this. Most people do not have a legitimate reason why they want, for the topics sake, a Dell, a pre-built, or a specific piece. They then want to argue semantics why they need it rather than take kindly advice against a potentially bad purchase. I don't think I have to start linking threads here where users bought something and regretted that purchase later. So, people make mistakes, people need to live and learn. I get it. Thing is, I hate the *****ing that comes after it. The complaining "well **** man, I wish I would have known I needed to do this if I did this".

So to get back on topic, I don't care if somebody prefers something and I understand. I get that some people may want a Dell with their warranty that covers all, or whatever it is that simply floats their boat. What I hate is those small few who want to complain about it later after being told otherwise. I hate the gamers who want more out of something after being told for the same money they could have had something better if they hadn't have been so lazy. Yes, gamers are pretty damn lazy. They want their toy and they want it now. But why rush into something now when most likely you'll wind up spending more time later fixing (or upgrading) and doing what you should have done to begin with? Or what about what gets people the most, saving money!

When it comes to hardware or building it's my job to make sure people make informed decisions and purchases. Whether it be on a Dell, a gaming rig, a workstation, hell even a console. That is why I labeled myself the "Build Guru". I know a ton about hardware, I know why specific things are better than others, what can get by, I do my own testing to further familiarize myself with the advice I'm giving, I keep up with all the latest hardware to advise on possibly waiting IF it's better, I have reviewing under my belt, and I enjoy helping people for free. Nothing beats free. The best part is, I'm a poor gamer just like everybody else (don't let the specs fool you) and I don't tell anybody something that I wouldn't do myself. What's even better than that, is despite common belief I'm unbiased. Now before the flames kick up from a certain few, I back up my statements with facts and sources or even my own testing. I've proven this before.

So final statement here, do I care if somebody buys a Dell? No. Do I care if somebody goes AMD over Intel? No. All I care about is that I at least tried to help them make a decision that suits them. As I too have those same people who just prefer this over that. Like the above posting confirms, the guy stated the use, I stated yea that Dell would suit them best. I just feel that if people actually do take the time to ask, they may want something more for their money and I want to do the best I can to get them what they want.

Triple freakin post, sorry Carnage.

It's been a while, new user base, new regulars, so here goes.

I think I should reiterate my stance on this as a few must not completely understand. I have no problems with anybody wanting to buy whatever it is they want. You want to buy a Dell? Be my guest. You want to buy an FX4300 over an i3 because you prefer AMD? Cool! You like that shiny bling case to go with that 300 dollar motherboard? More power to you bro.
My only problem is this. Most people do not have a legitimate reason why they want, for the topics sake, a Dell, a pre-built, or a specific piece. They then want to argue semantics why they need it rather than take kindly advice against a potentially bad purchase. I don't think I have to start linking threads here where users bought something and regretted that purchase later. So, people make mistakes, people need to live and learn. I get it. Thing is, I hate the *****ing that comes after it. The complaining "well **** man, I wish I would have known I needed to do this if I did this".

So to get back on topic, I don't care if somebody prefers something and I understand. I get that some people may want a Dell with their warranty that covers all, or whatever it is that simply floats their boat. What I hate is those small few who want to complain about it later after being told otherwise. I hate the gamers who want more out of something after being told for the same money they could have had something better if they hadn't have been so lazy. Yes, gamers are pretty damn lazy. They want their toy and they want it now. But why rush into something now when most likely you'll wind up spending more time later fixing (or upgrading) and doing what you should have done to begin with? Or what about what gets people the most, saving money!

When it comes to hardware or building it's my job to make sure people make informed decisions and purchases. Whether it be on a Dell, a gaming rig, a workstation, hell even a console. That is why I labeled myself the "Build Guru". I know a ton about hardware, I know why specific things are better than others, what can get by, I do my own testing to further familiarize myself with the advice I'm giving, I keep up with all the latest hardware to advise on possibly waiting IF it's better, I have reviewing under my belt, and I enjoy helping people for free. Nothing beats free. The best part is, I'm a poor gamer just like everybody else (don't let the specs fool you) and I don't tell anybody something that I wouldn't do myself. What's even better than that, is despite common belief I'm unbiased. Now before the flames kick up from a certain few, I back up my statements with facts and sources or even my own testing. I've proven this before.

So final statement here, do I care if somebody buys a Dell? No. Do I care if somebody goes AMD over Intel? No. All I care about is that I at least tried to help them make a decision that suits them. As I too have those same people who just prefer this over that. Like the above posting confirms, the guy stated the use, I stated yea that Dell would suit them best. I just feel that if people actually do take the time to ask, they may want something more for their money and I want to do the best I can to get them what they want.

I agree with this 100%. People tend to argue and claim something is the best simply when they want it. I used to be this way. Back in my high school days i would swear by alienware computers. Its all I ever wanted. I wanted one so much that I currently have two. (ones collecting dust, the other I gave to my folks for internet browsing :D). I would fight people over it! "Alienware is the best!" But back to the point. I believe PP does a good service by being extremely knowledgeable of components and he recommends things he feels would be the best product for the buck. I would/do the same thing, but If someone is bent on buying a Dell go for it. Honestly though I think everyone here knows building a rig is 1000x more beneficial. And it really doesn't take that much time. I built my first rig my junior year in high school with little to no knowledge and got it done in an hour. Not to mention I got the parts in under 4 days. Which if you order from dell its like a 2-3 week process.(depending on the computer you order but i think they still "assemble" and "test" most of the more expensive rigs they offer. I'm unsure now though haven't seen their site in years lol) >.> In my honest opinion. If you seriously don't have the time to take 2 hours out and piece together a rig, then sure by all means pay for a prebuilt, but be warned that thing is a ticking time bomb as to which piece will give out first. Buying your own parts and doing it yourself would ensure you like 90% of the time the machine is not full of $%#^ware, and can do exactly what you need it to with the ability for upgrading.

wow... now now no need for everybody to act like a bunch of fan boys!

PP we get it you are against pre-built system cuz your system = poop

As for the two knuckleheads they want a pre-built just to keep trolling!

I am not a gamer, I own a prebuilt 2 of them... I am shopping for my third computer which I will build. The other two I can not upgrade. but they met the need when I purchased them.

That said what GAMER ever said "I went to walmart to buy my rig"? What I meant to say was anytime you build your own system you will get a better build. You control the quality and cost of the parts and not the company who is trying to make money...

No one said Mr. PP there wasn't knowledgeable he seems to pick good parts usually from what I have seen :cool: I just felt like rattling the cage of someone that just HAS to make sure folks build instead of being a tad more open minded.

peace out .

wow... now now no need for everybody to act like a bunch of fan boys!

PP we get it you are against pre-built system cuz your system = poop

As for the two knuckleheads they want a pre-built just to keep trolling!

I am not a gamer, I own a prebuilt 2 of them... I am shopping for my third computer which I will build. The other two I can not upgrade. but they met the need when I purchased them.

That said what GAMER ever said "I went to walmart to buy my rig"? What I meant to say was anytime you build your own system you will get a better build. You control the quality and cost of the parts and not the company who is trying to make money...

Have you checked the walmart site lately? You can get I-Buy, Cyberpower, Avatar, and other pre builts. You can also get pretty much any video card you want you just have to order it online. They just don't carry them inside the stores.

Of course I love a built rig hell yes! But I'm also not such a tumbleweed that I can't have an open mind and help folks out with a total decision. They have had these systems on the site for some time now and get lots of orders.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/elect...duleA032213-lLinkLHNWhatsHotNowGamingDesktops

Last edited:

If you truly feel that way about letting people choose what they want and need.
There really wasn't a need for you to rage and rant like this.
Like I said a few times already if the person wants a prebuilt and they know what their getting into.
Let them make that decision, if they want our help to customize the machine just do so and use your epic skills to make sure it works.

If you don't feel like helping walk away peacfully and go help someone else. =_=

Mike - Maybe he ranted/raged because if this post. Really "slap you" is pretty aggressive - don't you think??

Seriously... ? half of what you mentioned makes me want to come across the table and slap you. :|
Lets wait for him to reply later on, I still suggest he try that xps basic build and build it up from there with parts he wants in it by dell.
If he has a question about the part or trying to match against newegg we'll do that.
If he or his mother still wants the computer under 1,000 we'll do that.
Anyone with basic knowledge of computers can cut out the ****ware right away upon starting up the machine.
Not counting they are lazy to do it and have a hetic life to not do all of this. :p

Later.

Last edited:
Like I posted, NCIX has a $50 assembly and testing + os install option, which is nearly perfect for the OP, as the OP is smart about parts, so they'd choose the parts, the purchaser adds them to their cart, NCIX builds and tests, then ships everything to purchaser complete with a 1 yr warrantee. They also have "Pre-builts" already assembled.

I say nearly perfect as under $500 with os, the big prebuilts will always win.

Awesome site walmart has there.. wonder if it was built using prebuilts or diy computers...

doesn't change what I said before "anytime you build your own system you will get a better build. You control the quality and cost of the parts and not the company who is trying to make money." Adding on to that nugget, when you build it yourself you can purchase the parts that allow room to upgrade. Very few prebuilts will allow you this. Those that do really rip ya off!

No one said Mr. PP there wasn't knowledgeable he seems to pick good parts usually from what I have seen :cool: I just felt like rattling the cage of someone that just HAS to make sure folks build instead of being a tad more open minded.

peace out .
The fact here is I am like I had blatantly made clear several times. This very thread even has me telling the guy to go ahead and buy the Dell. You're essentially only rattling the cage of somebody who wants to just make sure the situation is clear and the person is just getting exactly what they want for their money. In other words, quit rustling somebodies jimmies for doing the right thing.

If you truly feel that way about letting people choose what they want and need.
There really wasn't a need for you to rage and rant like this.
Like I said a few times already if the person wants a prebuilt and they know what their getting into.
Let them make that decision, if they want our help to customize the machine just do so and use your epic skills to make sure it works.

If you don't feel like helping walk away peacfully and go help someone else. =_=
Actually, yes there was. Not only because the above quoted reply, but because for some reason YOU always want to attack me in threads like this too. The other guy I don't see as attacking me, more like an ignorance on my thought process here even though I made it clear. You on the other hand, when you think you have a chance you want to take jabs where they clearly shouldn't be. I typically ignore these but since this thread made it all relevant I decided to reply.
As to the person wanting to buy the prebuilt, they typically only want it for the above reasons I outlined. In which case, us picking the parts and having NCIX building is the better choice and will always be the better choice.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom