xp partition creator(from text setup)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
is there anyway i could create a boot cd with JUST the partition and format manager from a windows 2000 or xp or 2003 server cd? like so i can just pop the cd in, boot from cd, create, delete, convert do watever to partitions, then format them and have the computer automatically restart? or is there a program where i can do all this and make it a bootable cd or bootable disk?(i dont just want fat so i cant use fdisk, i want NTFS and FAT and if possible it would be awesome to do linux swap, and linux ext2 partitions too. thanks for any help

can you explain a bit more of what you looking for?

If I understand correctly, you want a CD that will allow you to create partitions, and format said partitions in any of the different types, as well as ext2 partions

Well, I think it's a good idea, I do think you will have a bit of trouble... Something that I have seen before is a multp boot disc, one that has several different boot setups on it so you boot to a menu and then based on the option selected it would boot to a differnt image and allow you to use it that way. is that kind of what you are looking for?
I'll see what I can find on it as it's been a while sinse I did one.

if ur talkin about the UBCD, i have it, but thats not quite it, i want something that works like windows xp's partition manager from when u boot from the cd rom, something that runs in that dos type environment, you have the idea right, but is there a way i can extract the windows xp partition manager from the xp cd and run it off a burned cd? something like that?

well, I don't think you can. There are other partitioning programs that you can use, and formating utilities, but I don't think MS has released that from their control.
have you tried using winPE or BartPE to do something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom