Problem with Wireless USB Adapter (Linksys)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys still having the same problem with the wireless USB?

If so, I'll do some checking and see what I can find out, give me some specs on what routers/adapters you have and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Alexander

figured it out. it's stupid windows xp's zero configuration thing. it breaks the connection every 60 seconds for about 2-3 seconds and looks for another connection. Disable by goin to Admin tools services --> wireless zero configuration. Now i will no longer lose precious seconds while playin cs. It was pretty bad, every minute u would freeze for about 2-3 seconds and a lot can happen then :D

Kewl.. I'm glad that you found it, because I jumped in here to post that I haven't found anything out. We have a small group in the call center that I work in that does overflow for linksys calls and I talked to them and the best they had was a firmware problem with the router and to update firmware.. I wasn't really satisfied with that, did some more looking and came up flat.. so I'm really glad to hear that you found it..

Alexander

np, the only thing is if i disable the wireless zero config, when i reboot it wont give me any points to connect to. So what I do is leave it on automatic, and when I wanna play games I just turn it off, takes like 2 seconds, I might just make a batch file to do it for me. BUt at least I can play online games w/o laggin for 2 seconds ever minute or two

.bat command

net start wzcsvc

and

net stop wzcsvc

make a .txt and save it as a .bat to make for easier switching on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom