new PSU opinions wanted

Ya, continued reading and the very simple easy solution to the VRM heat issue is exactly what you said - cheap heatsinks.

NOT sure my case will fit the GPU waterblock stuff. Also adding more cash to the deal if I go this way. Certainly looks like the gigabyte or the sapphire 3 fan set up is getting better as well.

Maybe something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121311954946?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Wonder about transfer of warranty, etc.

Last edited:
Was just a suggestion for later on. The cards cool efficiently as is but you were mentioning OCing so it's a viable solution later on and can carry on to other cards as well.

As to the warranty I have no idea.

hmmm.. would you buy a used GPU off Ebay? Several 280X gpu including both sapphire vaporX and toxic, and the gigabyte are available for around $250.

I'm one of the few here that isn't opposed to used parts. **** paying more than you have to honestly. Just make sure the seller has like 99 or 100% positive and you're good.

Just found out Sapphire will not transfer warranty. So that leaves out buying a used Toxic or VaporX . Checking Gigabyte now.

I could not find a definitive answer on the Gigabylte- but it does look like the lifetime warranty on the XFX Double D model ( if registered properly before 30 days) will transfer.

So, I guess I will continue my quest.

Just remember that XFX and Asus put stickers on the screws meaning you can't even properly clean your heatsink and repaste without voiding said warranty. Since you're so dead set on warranty I suggest buying a different manufacturer besides the above two and simply buy new.

Yep- kinda came to that same conclusion about an hour ago. Unless I can find definitive answer on gigabyte.

I've already given my educated guess since I've dealt with Gigabyte a lot in the past. Just assume the answer is no. Even if they did, the turn around for an RMA from them can take up to 6 weeks or sometimes they can even lose your damn part. I make it a point to stray away from GB.

Back
Top Bottom