PSU Issues?

Take the sound card out, uninstall SB drivers and sweep them then try. A nice little buzz after a freeze is exactly what I was just getting last week. I took my XFi Extreme Music and tossed it in the trash. Vuala, no more issues.

Good catch, didn't see he was using a sound card.

Had issues with my X-Fi Extreme Music as well - was essentially causing my desktop to not boot 75% of the time if it was turned off, and would occasionally cause it to BSOD. Removed it and never had any issues again.

It's typically the drivers because Creative has been known for ridiculous problems using their hardware. With his system, setup, and issue it's the first thing that came to mind. Since I'm running their new "8.1" driver as well, the first thing I can suggest is ditching the card and seeing what that does.

Hmm.. well I don't have the time today. But I'll give it a shot tomorrow and play one of my more demanding games to see if it still crashes. I'll post again after I try this. Thanks for the advice guys!

Well like was said before and I'll reiterate. You have 3 options here to try.

Load both GPU and CPU using Kombustor and Prime95 respectively to check on temps and PSU 12v load. Also check PSU heat output. If it crashes, bingo. Both at the same time mind you.

Borrow a PSU from a friend to see if you have the same issues. Self explanatory really.

Take the sound card out, wipe drivers, and try gaming regularly.

Hey guys I'm back! So I took my sound card out..erased the drivers...and now the only way I get audio is through my monitor....

That's because it's going through HDMI. Just use monitor audio to see if your problems go away. If they do, turn your onboard audio on through the bios.

That's because it's going through HDMI. Just use monitor audio to see if your problems go away. If they do, turn your onboard audio on through the bios.

May just be need to configured in Windows as well.

@OP: Right click the Sound icon in the icon try -> Playback devices -> select your speakers output -> right click -> Set as default

Well I haven't had any crashes since I took the sound card out. But I also haven't had any long gaming sessions to really test it out. Hope this is the fix!

Back
Top Bottom