BSOD error 7a

xSCARFACE909x

Solid State Member
Hi there, over the past month and even longer, my computer has begun to blue screen and give me the error code 7a.

The one thing that's really stumped me on this is that this error ONLY happens when I am playing Counter Strike Global Source with some friends. That's the only time I bluescreen and get this error. I can play other games and use my computer for school and other things just fine without any blue screens.

I have had people tell me to check my SSD firmware which was up to date and I even took my SSD out and replaced my SATA cables and have ran multiple HDD tests on my HDD and it always comes out positive with every test.

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5 3570 k 4.3 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 Ti
PSU: Rosewill 750w 80 plus bronze certified
MOBO: ASRock z77 Extreme4 LG
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1tb
Memory: 8gb Patriot Intel Extreme Master DDR3 1600

If anyone could help me to solve this issue once and for all that'd be awesome, thanks.

Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (Windows Debuggers)

We need to know the Parameter 2 to figure out what's going on.

If you have any dump files under C:\Windows\Minidump, then copy them to your desktop, and put them in a zip file and upload them here and we can take a look at them more closely.

Here you go; https://www.mediafire.com/folder/l9t5z4ywe9cp9y8,byhru0i937s2dn3/shared

Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (Windows Debuggers)

We need to know the Parameter 2 to figure out what's going on.

If you have any dump files under C:\Windows\Minidump, then copy them to your desktop, and put them in a zip file and upload them here and we can take a look at them more closely.

Here's a .dmp file you requested; 032014-15771-01

Last edited by a moderator:
BSOD from 3/20: 0x7A. Parameter 2 (c000000e) indicates:

0xC000000E, or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, indicates a hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration. Check your cables and check the drive with the diagnostic utility available from your drive manufacturer. If you are using older PATA (IDE) drives, this status code can indicate an incorrect master/subordinate drive configuration.

BSOD from 3/17: 0xF4 Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (Windows Debuggers)

Make sure your drivers are up to date from the component manufacterers' sites (network, chipset, video, sound). What kind of tests did you run on your HDD? Did you run a disk check on it? If not, I would do that.

Open up Command Prompt as Admin -> type in: chkdsk X: /f /r
Where X: is your HDD's drive letter.

BSOD from 3/20: 0x7A. Parameter 2 (c000000e) indicates:

0xC000000E, or STATUS_NO_SUCH_DEVICE, indicates a hardware failure or an incorrect drive configuration. Check your cables and check the drive with the diagnostic utility available from your drive manufacturer. If you are using older PATA (IDE) drives, this status code can indicate an incorrect master/subordinate drive configuration.

BSOD from 3/17: 0xF4 Bug Check 0xF4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (Windows Debuggers)

Make sure your drivers are up to date from the component manufacterers' sites (network, chipset, video, sound). What kind of tests did you run on your HDD? Did you run a disk check on it? If not, I would do that.

Open up Command Prompt as Admin -> type in: chkdsk X: /f /r
Where X: is your HDD's drive letter.

I've run both disk check and seagate tools on my HDD and it's come out clean and healthy every time.

Well, I'd start by updating your drivers.

And from the BSOD from 3/20, I'd check your SATA data cables; possibly even switch ports for your SSD/HDD.

Well, I'd start by updating your drivers.

And from the BSOD from 3/20, I'd check your SATA data cables; possibly even switch ports for your SSD/HDD.

I recently as in last week ordered and installed new SATA cables to my HDD. Still bluescreened as well. I don't have my SSD hooked up into my computer at the moment.

Tried different SATA ports?

After updating all your drivers, another thing you could possibly try is testing your RAM using Memtest86+ from Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Burn it to a CD, run it for a minimum of 4 hours (overnight is best). If it finds any errors at all, then test each stick individually until you find the one that generates errors - that's your bad stick.

Tried different SATA ports?

After updating all your drivers, another thing you could possibly try is testing your RAM using Memtest86+ from Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Burn it to a CD, run it for a minimum of 4 hours (overnight is best). If it finds any errors at all, then test each stick individually until you find the one that generates errors - that's your bad stick.

The thing that bothers me the most, is why does the issue only happen when Counter Strike Global Offensive is running and not during any other time of computer usage?

It could be that Counter Strike is accessing some particular resource in a certain way.

Besides updating drivers, have you tried reinstalling CS:GO?

Back
Top Bottom