Call of Duty Ghosts, upgrade required?

fallenapples

In Runtime
I am trying to play COD Ghosts with my current rig. And it lacks horribly. The first time I played it, it wasn't so laggy, but now it lags constantly. Is my GPU? I even lowered the setting to low.

That is kind of a weak GPU. Honestly I heard that CoD-Ghosts runs terrible with an AMD set up. I'm not sure though. I dont play CoD. Plus i'm an intel fanboy :D Whats the cooling situation like? Is your CPU running to hot when playing? Or your GPU?

You completely take out the Nvidia drivers by uninstalling then using driver sweeper to remove any trace, then install the latest official AMD drivers? Your rig is plenty capable of playing Ghosts.

I will try that. I noticed the nvidia control panels keep popping up. I was thinking of just doing a fresh install. And I have seen people play ultra settings with the 7770, it's not heavy duty, but it's a good budget card.

Yea the 7770 is a great budget card if you can find them around 100 bucks. A fresh install would be best, but you can always use driver sweeper to rid your machine of the Nvidia drivers after uninstalling them.

I uninstalled all of the nvidia drivers and none of my games will open up. I'm going to do a system restore tomorrow.

I know my motherboard has an nvidia chipset, but I have it disabled. Would nvidia's chipset be related the north bridge and by deleting one of the drivers(one that might have come with the motherboard's installation cd rom) I disable the functioning of the pcie slot?

See if you can boot in safe mode and try to reinstall the chipset drivers that way but if you can get it to boot up reinstall them just don't reinstall any GPU drivers

I uninstalled all of the nvidia drivers and none of my games will open up. I'm going to do a system restore tomorrow.

I know my motherboard has an nvidia chipset, but I have it disabled. Would nvidia's chipset be related the north bridge and by deleting one of the drivers(one that might have come with the motherboard's installation cd rom) I disable the functioning of the pcie slot?
Generic drivers would have been installed in place of the others, but a restore isn't necessary.

Download the latest official AMD Catalyst drivers for your 7770 and chipset driver ONLY for your board from the ASRock site (no CD), again make sure all Nvidia software is officially uninstalled in program files, uninstall AMD software and drivers too. Reboot and launch driver sweeper and wipe out all Nvidia and AMD related items. Yes, all. Do a reboot and let Windows finish installing recognized stuff. If it says to restart then do so. After that install the chipset driver you downloaded from ASRock. If it asks to reboot, do so. Now install your graphics drivers. Now you have what should theoretically be a clean driver solution.

Edit:
I think I should iterate here, don't use any drivers off the CDs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom