Strange things happening..

Status
Not open for further replies.

mack

In Runtime
I have no clue WHAT is happening. For some reason something keeps creating files "WebExcl.dat" and "WebProxy.ini" on my desktop, in my programming folders, everywhere! Where a program connects to the internet, these two files are created. There is NOTHING in these files. I scanned for viruses, I'm clean.

I searched my computer for these two files and they are ALL over the place. Almost every folder that uses the internet in any way.

It's weird because they are blank files. There is nothing in them, and in the screenshot I posted you can see that they are 0 bytes.

How can I find out what is doing this?

PS: I am using AVG Antivirus Free 7

process.gif

That is all my running processes. What could cost these files to be created?

mack,

OMG!!. There are lot of spyware and possible virii/trojan runnin in those process list...

1) Get spybot search and destroy - install-update-scan
2) adaware se personal - install-update-scan
3) get 'avast' antivirus-install-update-scan

All the above software are free, simple google search should get you these softwares

If you still have some problems after doing the above ,get 'hijackthis' ,run the software and post a log in here
http://www.techist.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=126

Wow. Okay, thanks. I ran Spybot, it only found registery and cookie spyware. I installed AVAST, also. I will virus scan and reboot now and post the results..

mack,

I assume you have updated all the softwares before running. And disconnect your netowork/internet before you scan. Safe mode is better.

Alright. I will do this tonight though and continue my scan considering its been running for a hour or so..

Yes everything is up to date.

intercodes said:
mack,

OMG!!. There are lot of spyware and possible virii/trojan runnin in those process list...

personally i fail to see any obvious spyware/malware named in those processes, although they may be in the background acting like a flea on a dog.

i looked at you hijack this log just briefly and it too seems to be clean. hope the spybot works. THAT in itself should take care of everything. after you run the scan with it be sure to utilize its immunize feature.

I have to agree.. I don't install any kind of junk files. All I do is program and play games, really. It's not like I'm out downloading and installing all these strange files.

Anyhow, I kinda figured I was clean also. I ran spybot but it didn't even find anything. I updated it also.

The files are still being created on my desktop, it's realllly weird and ANNOYING =X!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom