I could use a bit of help!

TheDewOfMountains

Baseband Member
Hey, I have a computer, and here are the specs.. AMD FX-Series FX-4300 (3.80GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity Windows 8.1. I bought it, instead of building it, which was a huge mistake. I don't have the money to rebuild it so I was thinking of just upgrading it. I want to upgrade my graphics card or add a second, and also I want to go to 16GB DDR3 RAM. Could someone help me figure out what kind of graphics card I should use, and what else I should upgrade? (Link to computer: iBUYPOWER Gamer Power NE615FX Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-4300 (3.80GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity Windows 8.1 - Newegg.com) Thanks in advance!

With that MB you can't add a second one, What will your budget be for the upgrades. First thing I noticed was that system only has a 300w power supply so you'll need to upgrade that to upgrade to a decent GPU

With that MB you can't add a second one, What will your budget be for the upgrades. First thing I noticed was that system only has a 300w power supply so you'll need to upgrade that to upgrade to a decent GPU

Budget? Eh... I'm not too sure, honestly. And I tried looking for a power supply, but since it's an mATX, I couldn't find one that was more than 475w.. But what would you suggest for a GPU?

The video in that link, Is that the system you have. If so it's a standard PS size. The micro ATX is the Motherboard and it looks as though the case has the room for the PS and depending on the GPU it may fit most of them except the few that are really long but you can measure the case and get the specs before you order. What types of games do you play and it will give an idea what you will need for the GPU

For PS this is a good one and reliable at not too bad of a price. You could measure yours and compare if your still not sure but I think it will fit just fine. That case in the vid looks like a mid ATX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151096

Last edited:
The video in that link, Is that the system you have. If so it's a standard PS size. The micro ATX is the Motherboard and it looks as though the case has the room for the PS and depending on the GPU it may fit most of them except the few that are really long but you can measure the case and get the specs before you order. What types of games do you play and it will give an idea what you will need for the GPU
I play Call of Duty, Minecraft, Battlefield, Titanfall, and basically any game. But I stream and record aswell. Not at the same time, but I do both. And the framerate takes a blow while doing those while playing. And I know this is asking a lot, but would you link me to a PS that you think would work for my PC?

I already did LOL I looked at the specs on that pc and that is a standard nid tower so it's a standard PS sp this one will work and is a good unit. Now for the GPU (video card) That could be at any price range and will need to know what you can spend on one to pick the best one in your budget.

The PS link again
SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Newegg.com

Thanks man. And I don't really know what a good price range is. I have a job, and no bills to pay other than my cell phonr bill, so I'd say I'll make the range anything around $400 max.

AH then you can max about any game out. A GTX 770 is around $360 ish so I'll post a link for you. As for the ram, You wouldn't really see much difference switching to faster unless your bench marking the system so it would really be wasting money to get more ram just to have the faster ram.

OK I found a super clocked one for $349 but they also have the standard clocked ones for $319 but either would do great, The next card up goes for around $700 (The GTX780 cards) so this is pretty high up on the list of cards. Just measure to make sure it will fit in your case, The one I'm linking is 10" long so you'll need 10" from ware the card sits on the back of the case to where the hard drive tray is. It looks like it will fit but just to be safe you should measure it.

GTX770
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom