Need advice on triple displays

Hades89

Beta member
Hello this is my first post and i thought this forum would be filled with knowledgable people that could help me.

I wanted to set up triple displays...
So i purchased a Radeon 7750 and it has 2 inputs: Display port and DVI (with a dvi splitter intoo 2x dvis), sadly i bought a passive dp to hdmi adapter and i presume it would only work with an active dp to hdmi adapter.

Here is my setup

Dp to hdmi (with the passive adapter)
Dvi to dvi (with the splitter)
Dvi to vga (with the splitter and a dvi to vga adapter)

Here is my question:
If i get an active dp to hdmi adapter, would it work?

Any input or suggestions are appreciated, thanks!!

Radeon hd 7750
1gb gddr5
Device id: 683f

3 monitors or eyefinity which ever works?

Lmk what kind of info you need to help me, thanks.

Eyefinity is for gaming. Spanning your games across 3 monitors. Are you doing this, or do you just want 3 monitors hooked up for productivity reasons?

If you're trying to game on all 3 monitors this card is going to take a massive dump because it can't handle it. If you're just wanting 3 monitors to provide extra desktop space or whatever then it would be easier than dealing with adapters to simply buy another cheap card with the hookup configuration you're trying.

Eyefinity is for gaming. Spanning your games across 3 monitors. Are you doing this, or do you just want 3 monitors hooked up for productivity reasons?

If you're trying to game on all 3 monitors this card is going to take a massive dump because it can't handle it. If you're just wanting 3 monitors to provide extra desktop space or whatever then it would be easier than dealing with adapters to simply buy another cheap card with the hookup configuration you're trying.

Not for gaming, if i game itll be a single screen, could i use my current card for triple display? (with a dp to hdmi active adapter)

Last edited:
^ Yep what he said :tongue:
a GTX 680 almost isn't fast enough to play some recent games at 5760x1080, I could only imagine how a 7750 would do.

If you're just going to be gaming on one monitor though, then disabling EyeFinity and leaving three independent monitors would be best. Otherwise, maximizing a window would span all three monitors. Not fun :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom