are the temps ok on this IDE

IIRC, the Q6600's were a fairly warm chip to begin with; pretty sure those are within reason for it - maybe slightly high if those are idle, but not far off I believe.

when im using like a few pages open (facebook) game and just brouseing it can reach temps of 70c plus maybe 80 is that normal? but if i close every thing and leave idle it drops right back down to the 40-50c ? least i now its sort of cooling down as the fan sounds.

thanks for the reply btw :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What cooler do you have?

I'd recommend cleaning the old thermal paste off, and applying new/fresh paste as well.

Kinda hard to give you any advice without a real load temp. Your idle is high so I +1 the previous advice right off the bat. If you haven't cleaned the heatsink and repasted properly you need to do so now.

the cooler is the same that come with the pc its a philips hepc 9602 05 all in one? i will clean off old paste and re paste how long do i need to leave set before i can test cheers for the advise guys!!!

Make sure you do it properly. Small grain of rice sized amount in the center of the IHS then put the heatsink on. Clean both the heatsink and CPU off properly before doing this. You can test as soon as you're done.

Although being an AIO it will probably run warmer than usual.

Back
Top Bottom