Monitor

Pudlica

Baseband Member
I need a new monitor coz my older one doesn't have IPS and it has 5ms and 23"
My choices are:

27" with: IPS and 5ms
27" with: TN and 1 ms

Originaly I was going for 29" but I don't know how it will handle gaming and lots of games aren't made for that and I don't know gow will the recording go so I decided to save some money and with that buy i7 4770k instead of i5 4670

Btw I have 2x gtx 760 in sli if that helps anything

I'm looking at new monitors myself in that size so I'll be watching the responses here. 27" is the size I'm thinking about and I'm a little jealous about the 4770K LOL I was going to get it but do very little that the i7 4770 would do better over the i54670 so I saved the $100 for other things.

For starters, as I've said many times before the i7 won't help you over the i5. Gaming literally does not utilize HT and without HT the 4770k and 4670k are identical processors.

Finally, size doesn't play a role to anything besides image stretching and pixel density. That aside, what matters here is resolution. You won't see any noticeable lag under 8ms GTG while gaming. You also don't need an IPS panel for gaming either. IPS panels only provide better color accuracy and in fast paced games you won't really notice the difference that much. IMO not exactly worth the extra cost.

My absolute personal opinion is a high refresh TN panel with a high resolution over anything else. A good brand of course. The reason for this is if you have a high refresh rate you can enable Vsync for less screen tearing or leave it off for maximum FPS. Higher resolution panels reduce the need for post processing anti-aliasing which usually bogs down GPUs rather bad as well as take up precious frame buffer (VRAM).

I also typically suggest people to stick to well known brands because you're more than likely to get a good panel in it be it IPS or TN.
Samsung
Asus
LG
NEC
and Dell are my poison choices.

Again that's a more educated personal opinion.

Back
Top Bottom