AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, Pentiums give you slightly higher performance for a huge increase in price, and are known to be better with high-demand apps than AMD, whereas AMD is generally considered better for gaming.
AMDs are also known to run a little bit hotter.

I think if you're on a budget, gaming only with your PC, or looking for a high performance/cost ratio you should get an AMD.
If you have a lot of money to spend and you run a lot of taxing progs, go Intel.

People argue over this topic day in and day out and solve absolutely nothing. It might as well be an argument between religions or politics.
probably the best and straight to the point piece of info you need regarding your question. Intel's stock is also dropping currently. There is a big demand for AMD's in prebuilt computer from companies like dell and hp etc...etc...but there was this article regarding the CEO from Dell talkin about how they don't need AMD to make money. He was quite arrogant about it really.

oh well my athlon(clocked at 2.55ghz) that i got for 83$ can outperform 3.6 ghz pentiums for 450.00 both found on newegg... on both multimedia and arithmetic benchmarks on sandra... just doesnt bode well when technology from AMD that has been around for quite a while is beating a top intel chip of today, and with the AMD chips catchin up in all other areas, there is no doubt if things continue like this then intel will be looking up at AMD for a while.

nvidia can i see a pic of your comp, like inside and stuff sounds like it would look awesome

If you're going to do things like photo and video editing, go with Pentium. But for gaming, go with AMD :)

-Dan The Man

Echo_ said:
nvidia can i see a pic of your comp, like inside and stuff sounds like it would look awesome

He doesn't really have that PC, its all a lie. There are threads and threads about it.

beedubaya said:
He doesn't really have that PC, its all a lie. There are threads and threads about it.

i really hate it when all i see are " FLAMES " on a post , please dont do this again!
if its a lie then he has to live with it and we DONT..but give credit where credit is due ..he does have a bunc of his S@#t together!

as far as ram , the more the merrier , or so it goes , but for now 1 gig is more than you will need, although if you look to the future, 1 gig may not be enough... these things are changing so fast today 1 gig is enough , then next week its no where near what you need !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom